Go Back   > > >

Old Jul 14, 17, 3:20 am   #1
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
LA: ICN-EZE r/t in J as low ~US$3,100 (mini-rtw, sort of)

MPM fare that allows transit via TATL/TPAC or both. First stopover is free and costs $100 each for two more extra stops. It might be useful for some, although it's hard to build on GF, even on ITA.

ICN-LAX-LIM-EZE-LIM-BCN-ICN - https://goo.gl/flights/43Rg
ICN-SYD-AKL-SCL-EZE-SCL-LAX-NRT-ICN - https://goo.gl/flights/JCVm

LATAM (LA) IEXEV00Q

edit: links are showing CAD

zoqfotpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 4:23 am   #2

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Gold
Great find !

Add $1000 and enjoy a full RTW with UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVER, FREE CHANGE and FREE CANCELATION (and more miles earned as it would be a D fare). Better than a MPM DONEx !
All fares are valid for a 12 months trip

Let's play !

Edit : the HIP (default if non specified) rule makes the ticket re-faring at each stopover, so no unlimited free stopover. But you can still manage to get long (<24h) free layovers with OP cheaper fare

Last edited by Matt4; Jul 14, 17 at 9:27 am
Matt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 6:58 am   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4 View Post
Great find !

Add $1000 and enjoy a full RTW with UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVER, FREE CHANGE and FREE CANCELATION (and more miles earned as it would be a D fare). Better than a MPM DONEx !

Let's play !
??? RTW fare at US$4,100? Last time I bought one with OW it was around US$8K
dbasulto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 7:52 am   #4

Programs: AA EXP, ex-UA 1K, HH Gold, Sixt Plat.
I just checked: the fares are indeed showing up as available, but not online - you have to call LA directly to arrange them. (Or, actually, call Asiana or JAL; both itineraries are slightly cheaper through them, presumably due to exchange rates.)

On the down side, LA's J product is subpar by current standards; IIRC they have a 2-2-2 configuration on all of their widebody metal.
kirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 8:14 am   #5

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold, *wood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4 View Post
Great find !

Let's play !
I think that the problem with the DEWEJ00V fare will be the NO HIP OR MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS APPLY rule. Despite the fare rule that states UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT, I suspect that, in fact, any enroute stopovers in Australia, New Zealand, Europe etc. will cause the fare to jump skywards. Please let us know if you find otherwise.
jbalmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 8:58 am   #6

Programs: BA Gold; AA EXP; AS 75K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalmuth View Post
I think that the problem with the DEWEJ00V fare will be the NO HIP OR MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS APPLY rule. Despite the fare rule that states UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT, I suspect that, in fact, any enroute stopovers in Australia, New Zealand, Europe etc. will cause the fare to jump skywards. Please let us know if you find otherwise.
The I fare has HIP exception? EF is not showing anything for HIP either for the I or D fare.
DeltaFlyingProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 9:12 am   #7

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold, *wood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Both fares have NO HIP OR MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS APPLY rule in EF.

The presumed benefit of the "D" fare is the unlimited stopovers (in comparison to the I fare's 3 allowed of which only 1 is free), in conjunction with free changes and free cancellation. I suspect, however, that virtually any planned enroute stopover will trigger an HIP re-faring (to a higher fare).

I hope that collectively we can find that I am incorrect.
jbalmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 9:24 am   #8

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Gold
DeltaFlyingProf & jbalmuth Unfortunatly you're right. When I add stopovers, the price skyrockets, probably due to the HIP re-faring.
I didn't know that when it's not specified, the HIP rule apply. I still have to learn.

Sorry for those I made believe they could have a nice RTW trip with unlimited stopovers.
Matt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 12:48 pm   #9

Programs: Aeroplan
Stopping in MAD seems to be OK.
Frayed_Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 1:55 pm   #10

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbasulto View Post
??? RTW fare at US$4,100? Last time I bought one with OW it was around US$8K
exMPM was less than that this time last year. I got a DONE5 for $3400 all in.
skunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 6:31 pm   #11

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
exMPM was less than that this time last year. I got a DONE5 for $3400 all in.
Great, how about ex-ICN though. Probably can't touch this price.
rbAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 6:36 pm   #12

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirker View Post
On the down side, LA's J product is subpar by current standards; IIRC they have a 2-2-2 configuration on all of their widebody metal.
I haven't flown LA's 767 but their 787 seat was just fine. Sure, not the 1-2-1 that would be better, but for this price quite decent.
rbAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 17, 8:11 pm   #13
Original Poster

Perhaps I missed something, but I don't see NO HIP EXCEPTION APPLY explicitly mentioned on the fare rules for the fare basis IEXEV00Q. However, a CTM (circle trip minimum) surcharge is sometimes calculated on ITA. The system seems to be a little too eager to add this surcharge, but when you continue to book through OTA or use Powertools it drops to the usual price I quoted above, at least for the ones I tried.

Here's a sample itinerary with stops in AKL, MAD and EZE. ITA quotes $6,800 with CTM surcharge:
And then I used Powertools, clicked on Priceline and it prices correctly without the CTM.
Old Jul 21, 17, 7:13 am   #14

Tried pricing ICN-YVR-EZE-SYD-ICN for March / April next year. Coming to ~6500CAD / 5100USD. Can it be done cheaper?
Quokka77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 17, 11:25 am   #15
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quokka77 View Post
Tried pricing ICN-YVR-EZE-SYD-ICN for March / April next year. Coming to ~6500CAD / 5100USD. Can it be done cheaper?
The flight between N. America to S. America has to be on LATAM (LA). It's possible via YVR but you have to connect to LAX, where you can catch your next flight.
Attached Images