Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AB from $2200 various USA-various Europe/TLV in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AB from $2200 various USA-various Europe/TLV in J

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by drminn
I flew AB in J from MIA to DUS some months ago - the hard product is not very good, the seats are very narrow and it was hard to fit my shoulders when lying down. Try to get a seat by the window, in the aisle seat you are bound to get bumped every time somebody walk by.
What about honeymoon seats when traveling with someone?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Yes really should update the title of this thread. AB in J has lots of good fares to many city pairs from the US to many European destinations. This is especially good for the summer travel season.

I found $2300 ai round-trip in J from SFO/LAX-TLV. Dates are August 23-August 28th. It looks like they're offering some really good deals in J originating in a lot of North American cities, not just the west coast either. However, most deals seem to be originating in LAX or SFO.

Have to play around with dates, but looks like a lot of US-wherever-airberlin-flies, are deeply discounted in J. Especially out of SFO and LAX.

Originally Posted by drminn
I flew AB in J from MIA to DUS some months ago - the hard product is not very good, the seats are very narrow and it was hard to fit my shoulders when lying down. Try to get a seat by the window, in the aisle seat you are bound to get bumped every time somebody walk by.
traveling with a companion and row 3EF is full. Should I go with row 1EF or 5EF?

airberlin seems to be offering some really good deals out of SFO and LAX to some good destinations. In addition to almost all of Germany, and surrounding countries, I found this deal leaving August 23-28th to go all the way to TLV. Many other destinations are popping up as well if you play around with dates on googleflights.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jul 13, 2017 at 8:14 am Reason: Consecutive posts
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Just want to let people know on googleflights the fares aren't showing in the calendar until you actually punch in the dates.

Also the deals seem to be more open out of SFO and have dissipated from LAX.

These amazing deals are still available.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
They extended it thru September.... I am hoping for EOS!

Thanks OP this is a good one.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFOPeter
They extended it thru September.... I am hoping for EOS!

Thanks OP this is a good one.
Whats EOS?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Whats EOS?
End of Schedule. As far out as the airline or TA will let you book.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Uh now that they've filed for insolvency, anyone else now in the same boat as me?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:27 pm

When are you flying? It was reported that AB received some loan from the German government that will allow it to operate for the next three months (or less).
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
When are you flying? It was reported that AB received some loan from the German government that will allow it to operate for the next three months (or less).
Itll be close. September 20-25
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Yes.only 3 months. I have one on Sep 15 return Oct 24.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:22 pm

They can get rid of some obligations like loans in the process. But they cannot operate as before because they would likely loose similar amounts of money in the future.
The filing will make their situation worse because a percentage of potential passengers will stay away from booking tickets. This will speed up the downward spiral. The government loan just bought them a few wees to resturcture.
In my opinion the most likely scenario is that they will sell assets to other airlines and discontinue some (if not all) routes.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
The filing will make their situation worse because a percentage of potential passengers will stay away from booking tickets. This will speed up the downward spiral.
This was already happening - passenger numbers are already way down ahead of today's "bad publicity"

Originally Posted by BBC News
Air Berlin's passenger numbers have been in freefall: in July, the airline lost a quarter of its customers compared with the previous year

Originally Posted by Xinhua
The flight company's passenger numbers fell to a total of 2.4 million in July, a 24-percent drop compared to the same month last year despite the period's traditionally high volume of holiday bookings.
AirBerlin counted 13.79 million passengers between January and July which marked an annual fall of 16 percent.
The downward trend is partially explained by the company's reduction of its fleet and network of routes. However, the occupancy rate for seats on flights has also fallen from 83.6 percent to 82.4 percent during the first seven months of 2017. In all but two months since the start of the year, AirBerlin planes flew at a lower capacity than in 2016.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
In my opinion the most likely scenario is that they will sell assets to other airlines and discontinue some (if not all) routes.
LH is waiting; they just want their dept to be gone.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

So we know AB will be afloat at least 3 months with the govt loan.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
So we know AB will be afloat at least 3 months with the govt loan.
I would not be so sure. They need to find a more radical solution before the three month are over. Either that or they will be gone by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.