Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

HU: PVG/PEK-AKL for US$1,440 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Fare is on Hainan Airlines from either Shanghai or Beijing to Auckland, connecting over Shenzhen (SZX), and is available August through December. It books into C and I. Credited to Alaska MileagePlan, the longer PEK-AKL route would get you 15,057 EQM and 28,901 RDM (not including any elite bonus), if my math is right.

Example:
https://goo.gl/flights/ZBhd
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Great fare! Surprised it's not getting more love from AS folks
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by boxboss
positioning is the issue...takes a bunch of miles or money to position over to china in any comfort...
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by qupasyd
Fare is on Hainan Airlines from either Shanghai or Beijing to Auckland, connecting over Shenzhen (SZX), and is available August through December. It books into C and I. Credited to Alaska MileagePlan, the longer PEK-AKL route would get you 15,057 EQM and 28,901 RDM (not including any elite bonus), if my math is right.

Example:

Sorry, very newb question here but because these fare have a 'Class of Service Bonus' of 100% would these not apply to EQMs as well? Per the AS website:

"Base miles earned and class of service bonuses on Hainan Airlines count toward Alaska Airlines elite status."

Would't that imply that with a 100% class of service bonus, this RT route would actually earn close to 30K EQM for AS?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by aschafer1984
Sorry, very newb question here but because these fare have a 'Class of Service Bonus' of 100% would these not apply to EQMs as well? Per the AS website:

"Base miles earned and class of service bonuses on Hainan Airlines count toward Alaska Airlines elite status."

Would't that imply that with a 100% class of service bonus, this RT route would actually earn close to 30K EQM for AS?
Welcome to FT, aschafer1984!

Base miles and class of services do count toward elite status, but I believe the percentage you are looking at is the "Additional bonus". This can only count towards redeemable miles (RDM).

The number of miles OP quoted above are correct, and if you include elite bonus (ie, 50%/100%/125), this will give you even more RDM, but the EQM stays the same.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Welcome to FT, aschafer1984!

Base miles and class of services do count toward elite status, but I believe the percentage you are looking at is the "Additional bonus". This can only count towards redeemable miles (RDM).

The number of miles OP quoted above are correct, and if you include elite bonus (ie, 50%/100%/125), this will give you even more RDM, but the EQM stays the same.
Thank you so much for the kind welcome and your explanation. That made perfect sense!!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by boxboss
LAX-CSX is a better deal since no positioning LAX-CSX for $1700 RT in R so 200% EQM
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
LAX-CSX is a better deal since no positioning LAX-CSX for $1700 RT in R so 200% EQM
I saw that! I'm already booked on LAX:PEK via CSX in R for $2200 RT and was thinking about adding this run to ACK in the middle of my trip. Total would give me around 50k EQMs it looks like. Just not sure if I want to do a 2 hour turn-around in Auckland, especially since this is my first MR. Thank you all for your input!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by qupasyd

Example:
Anyone have any experience with customs in Auckland? I see this fare with a same-day turnaround but with one 2 hours in Auckland (arrive 10:00, dept 12:00)

Should I have any concern with this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.