Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: Business CMB-ORD.US$ 1965

QR: Business CMB-ORD.US$ 1965

Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by MadeInTaiwan
Followed through OP's posted link to Google Flights, Google Flight is showing 1 pax for CA$2,600/301K LKR.

Clicked on the link on Google flights to QR website, and clicked thru QR website, it's 301K LKR for 1 pax in J...
i mean this is not really a great deal from CMB, have paid the exact same amount last year for 2 pax in J. QR has had the US$1.5k deal in J to Lax from BKK twice in the last 6 months.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:05 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by MAGA
When has QR had a BKK-LAX fare for anywhere near $1,500??
Let's see, I ticketed my BKK-LAX in QR business for $1500 on Oct 5, 2016. Think it was up and available for about 24 hours. Also, LAX-BKK was about the same.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by MAGA
When has QR had a BKK-LAX fare for anywhere near $1,500??
Here's the thread with your desired information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...thru-july.html
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: UA1K; AA EXP
Thanks OP for sharing this. Some people may find value in this fare, whereas some others may not.

If we use BKK-DOH-LAX as the benchmark, then very few QR sales would qualify as deals/sales.

Let's hope for more BKK-DOH-LAX @ $1500 RT AI for the second half of 2017!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:21 pm

They also had LAX-DOH-AKL RT "D" class for $1500
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MadeInTaiwan
Thanks OP for sharing this. Some people may find value in this fare, whereas some others may not.

If we use BKK-DOH-LAX as the benchmark, then very few QR sales would qualify as deals/sales.

Let's hope for more BKK-DOH-LAX @ $1500 RT AI for the second half of 2017!
Value for some doesn't mean this is a deal and will say this again, this is a Premium Fare Deals section, not a "could be a deal for some" section. May be the mods should start or rename this to Premium Fares forum.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:39 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by ashkale
Value for some doesn't mean this is a deal and will say this again, this is a Premium Fare Deals section, not a "could be a deal for some" section. May be the mods should start or rename this to Premium Fares forum.
Come on man, right now there are no similar $1500 QR RT's as seen before. In fact, mostly $2500+. So, the occasional sub-$2k starts looking good, especially since most of these fares on QR are refundable/changeable with a small fee. Mine had a $100 or $150 change/cancel fee which I didn't need as I have a wide open schedule. So, you can ticket it and see if it drops.

I don't think the mods want to play god and decide which Premium fare is a "deal" vs just decently priced. There are plenty of FT'ers that will point out the past history of a fare as well as many that can use this one.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rbAA
Come on man, right now there are no similar $1500 QR RT's as seen before. In fact, mostly $2500+. So, the occasional sub-$2k starts looking good, especially since most of these fares on QR are refundable/changeable with a small fee. Mine had a $100 or $150 change/cancel fee which I didn't need as I have a wide open schedule. So, you can ticket it and see if it drops.

I don't think the mods want to play god and decide which Premium fare is a "deal" vs just decently priced. There are plenty of FT'ers that will point out the past history of a fare as well as many that can use this one.
CMB is no longer the focal point of cheap deals for ME3 no thanks to the airport departure charges and the current climate. It will change soon.
In the meanwhile we should change the name of the forum to "premium fares".
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
CMB is no longer the focal point of cheap deals for ME3 no thanks to the airport departure charges and the current climate. It will change soon.
In the meanwhile we should change the name of the forum to "premium fares".
It's a real shame. Only last year I enjoyed a return CMB-JNB in J for 500 which obviously brought a ton of air miles and tier points. Getting home was easy as well as the ticket was 430 one way CMB-LHR.

There are some offers at the moment, but they are barely deals. CMB-FRA o/w for 610 or 1,000 rtn is nice on Lufthansa/Air India (if you can deal with the long layover), but not really a deal. The price should be closer to 60% for me to even consider it.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:25 am

Even FCO-CMB J on UL used to be 750 which could be used for nesting. And QR offered OSL-MLE for 630. Things might change. Until they do I'm holding out and working out mileage deals.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.