Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: HKG-SLC r/t ~$2300 - I - purch by 30-JUN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: HKG-SLC r/t ~$2300 - I - purch by 30-JUN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
I don't know there's any place that always and only sells bulk fares. But it's easy enough to determine whether a fare is bulk before you buy it. Just check the airline fare rules and look for the word "wholesale" ...if it's in there, it's a consolidator ticket and will earn according to the special fares table.
That still does not answer my question. I know all this.

The subject of this thread is about J fare from HKG to SLC. aaronprime claims there's a slightly more expensive but close version of this fare that would give special fare earnings. I've asked for an example where he finds this. Do you have such a place for this pair of origin/destination?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
That still does not answer my question. I know all this.

The subject of this thread is about J fare from HKG to SLC. aaronprime claims there's a slightly more expensive but close version of this fare that would give special fare earnings. I've asked for an example where he finds this. Do you have such a place for this pair of origin/destination?
Oh, sorry, I guess I wasn't reading very closely. No, I don't know one on this particular fare. I typically check AAVacations and the Chase UR portal; the latter has regular fares for this trip, and the former won't let you go ex-HKG.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: TK E+
It's now $2,036.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by z4017
It's now $2,036.
It's a price war! DL earlier attacked DFW with this fare:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...-300-a350.html

And has since lowered to $2,000 and made it available to more cities on the west coast, so AA retaliated. Who wants to see UA join the mix?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Who wants to see UA join the mix?
Just be careful with UA, do not allow yourself to become next victim like David Tao. this time UA might say you did not pay enough to sit in this cabin!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
This fare might be dead. good thing i put one on hold
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Coffee84
This fare might be dead. good thing i put one on hold
Looks dead, was going to put one on hold but positioning to pdx, sea or slc was a pita after a long trip.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:10 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Check out www.ctrip.com.hk. They have this fare for HK 22,971 (USD 2,900)
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:33 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc
Check out www.ctrip.com.hk. They have this fare for HK 22,971 (USD 2,900)
Good tip. I see SFO for ~2800USD.

A couple of questions though as I can't really see the fare rules (other than change/cancel fees). Would you have any experience suggesting the likely answer to the following:
- Crediting of Miles to AAdvantage
- Ability to use an SWU on this fare
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:33 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by nyc6035
Good tip. I see SFO for ~2800USD.

A couple of questions though as I can't really see the fare rules (other than change/cancel fees). Would you have any experience suggesting the likely answer to the following:
- Crediting of Miles to AAdvantage
- Ability to use an SWU on this fare
I actually haven't used these fares from Ctrip before. They aren't available directly from AA. So I'm hoping someone else can be a guinea pig

IIRC if you change to Chinese language I think you can see the fare class (I) which would suggest crediting to other programs will earn business credit. However I'm not sure how it works with the new AA program.

I'm not sure why Ctrip has these fares - maybe AA is giving special fares to Ctrip in order to establish themselves with the Chinese market?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:41 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc
I actually haven't used these fares from Ctrip before. They aren't available directly from AA. So I'm hoping someone else can be a guinea pig
I hear you...it's a little bit too much for me to roll the dice on...without assurance of at least getting 2x EQMs with AA for the flight...the SWU use would be a bonus. I went all the way to the paying step in english and chinese and couldn't get a view of even the booking code.

I'll watch this space to see if there are any among us brave enough to give these fares a try and report back.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Last year ctrip and elong (another Chinese ota) had promotional fares ex-HKG. I ended up buying a few from elong. The class was "I" and everything credited correctly. I also upgraded to First using SWUs, and there was no problem with that either.

Purchasing through elong the first time was a bit of a hassle since they need to verify your card and you need to send them your passport, but customer service was friendly enough.

FWIW, on elong HKG-LAX r/t 192/193 for mid-August dates is being sold at 18,689 yuan ($2,734) and to SFO is about 40 yuan more. There was a discussion of these fares on the CX forum last year.

One caution is that for some reason elong hasn't coded itself in the credit card system as a travel agency (rather, marketing), and so the charge on the CSP or CSR didn't yield the 2X or 3X points as had been expected. I don't know about ctrip.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:26 am

hkg-sea r/t was $1840 earlier this year. this is a good price but can get better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.