Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Malindo Air : CGK-KTM $468 & KUL-TPE $341 & KUL-DEL $396

Old May 19, 2017, 9:15 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- Malindo Air seems to have a pretty decent domestic first class experience

http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com...usiness-class/ (we are not affiliated with this site)

- lot's of cheap J service in SE Asia for a price that equals Economy class

- no miles outside Malindo Miles

- Malindo is a subsidiary of Lion Air (which has an awful safety record)

- would be glad to hear your opinion/ feedback of flying them

https://www.kayak.com/flights/CGK-KT...03-15/business

https://www.kayak.com/flights/KUL-TP...02-15/business

https://www.kayak.com/flights/KUL-DE...02-15/business

Last edited by MightyTravels; May 19, 2017 at 10:25 am
Old May 20, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
I flew with them BNE-DPS. Pretty good for it's value for money. Full service and most times cheaper than low cost carriers.
Cons - 1. narrow body for a 6 hour journey is painful. 2. 7/10 they are late.
Old May 20, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Flew Malindo one way SIN-KUL-KTM and then return KTM-SIN direct on Silkair.

Both flights in business class and similar aircraft and seats on a narrowbody (737) in a 2-2 config. But the Malindo seemed to have a few inches better seat pitch.

However food and drink options and service much better on Malindo. Enough said...
Old May 20, 2017, 3:47 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Its ok for the fare and can help in positioning, however the previously very decent service was missing in the last two flights earlier this month.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Took a couple of sectors with them last month (KCH-KUL & KUL-HKG) and on the basis of that (albeit limited) experience, I'm a big fan.

Sat in 1A on both flights and felt that they provided a quality business class product, inc. all the trimmings (fast track, lounge access, priority boarding). Comfortable seats, good food & drink, personalised onboard service. Lovely crew uniforms

IMHO, they gave all the impression of a well-run operation. I certainly remember thinking, during both flights, that Malindo were in a whole different league when compared to, say, BA's short haul Club Europe option masquerading as business class.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:56 am

The best deal I found is HKG-PER via KUL....GBP575 return.

https://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/HKG-...xible/business
Old May 23, 2017, 8:54 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
nice to hear that fasttrack and lounge are available now
Old May 23, 2017, 9:16 pm

Hi

Which lounge are they providing?

I have an upcoming KUL to BKI but spoke with call centre few days ago due to retimed and was told that there was no lounge in KUL.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:00 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
There is no lounge yet. They provide starbucks rm30 vouchers for some flights, flightclub rm40 vouchers for others. There is an option to access the landside lounge but not sure what benefits are included as didnt check that out.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Just adding my 2 cents worth.

I've just done 2 cross-connects at KUL. One was a 2 hour, and the other a overnighter.

The 2 hour cross connect, both flights landed/departed from the Satellite Terminal. I had my Boarding Pass printed for the second sector before arrival into KUL.
Lounge access didn't work. To take advantage of lounge access, you need a coupon/voucher from the Airline Agent. I found this out from the lounge attendant at the Sama Sama Airside Transit Hotel, which is one of the venues that Malindo use.
In the Satellite Terminal there was no Malindo agent in attendance at the airline counters to provide the voucher. I was told I had to catch the train to the Main Terminal to get the voucher. I didn't bother because with all the faffing around it was now only a hour before my second flight departed.

The overnight experience worked much better. The checkin agent provided the necessary coupon, which provided a whole range of options to spend 30/40 RM allowance. After seeing the Sama Sama Lounge option I avoided that (it looked very basic) and chose the Flightclub. The allowance covered a very decent breakfast and a cup of coffee.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:06 am

Did KUL to BKI today and was pleased to find that they now offer lounge access to biz class passengers.

I believe is called the Premier Lounge that is located in the departure hall before immigration. It is next to the 'Noodle' shop.

Limited offerings available but very pleasant environment since it is fairly new (opened late 2016).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.