Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CAI-USA-EZE-USA-CAI J ~2000-2400 4.3cpm AA/BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Great deals out of Cairo recently. Thought to check South America through OW much like last year's Euro-SCL-Euro fare (which I flew). This one will net you 40k+ eqms depending on connections in the US. Can route through about all east coast AA hubs and also DFW. Best routing I've found has been:

CAI-LHR-JFK-DFW-EZE-DFW-LHR-CAI
$2052
24558 flown miles
BA flight numbers between LHR and CAI, AA numbers on the rest
Comes out to 46919 eqms and about 4.37 cpm, if my math is correct
If you book through travel portal, could get 4911 eqd, for an eqd multplier of 2.4

Example itin over Memorial day weekend. One night in JFK required.

https://goo.gl/flights/hJsA

Happy Hunting
Old May 1, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA, CO, DL, UA, Virgin, ANA, ...
FYI The sample route (CAI-LHR-JFK-DFW-EZE-DFW-LHR-CAI) would be 880 BA tier points, if it's all in J and I did my sums properly.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:22 pm

How about CAI-JNB-EZE-JFK-CAI:

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...1-01;tt=m;sc=b

Lots of other points avail in every continent for similar price but can't find a way to make a stop in SA more than a day or so.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by cgaspar
FYI The sample route (CAI-LHR-JFK-DFW-EZE-DFW-LHR-CAI) would be 880 BA tier points
Th HNL fare can yield you more BA tier points while paying less money @:-)
Old May 14, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by bcsoccer5k
Great deals out of Cairo recently. Thought to check South America through OW much like last year's Euro-SCL-Euro fare (which I flew). This one will net you 40k+ eqms depending on connections in the US. Can route through about all east coast AA hubs and also DFW. Best routing I've found has been:

CAI-LHR-JFK-DFW-EZE-DFW-LHR-CAI
$2052
24558 flown miles
BA flight numbers between LHR and CAI, AA numbers on the rest
Comes out to 46919 eqms and about 4.37 cpm, if my math is correct
If you book through travel portal, could get 4911 eqd, for an eqd multplier of 2.4

Example itin over Memorial day weekend. One night in JFK required.

https://goo.gl/flights/hJsA

Happy Hunting
That's awesome! How did you find it? I'd like to see if anything is available for outbound out of CAI around mid-July.
Old May 14, 2017, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Th HNL fare can yield you more BA tier points while paying less money @:-)
edit" LINK?
Old May 15, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Be aware:
1) Laptop ban on flights from CAI
2) On AA itineraries to/from CAI, expect to be stopped at the airport on your flight to the US (both from europe and south america) and to have CBP take you for a "chat" both times you arrive in the US. I've done it before so I speak from experience
Old May 16, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by alexwuk
On AA itineraries to/from CAI, expect to be stopped at the airport on your flight to the US (both from europe and south america) and to have CBP take you for a "chat" both times you arrive in the US. I've done it before so I speak from experience
Sorry to hear this. I'd previously heard that any travel that included IST resulted in a spate of SSSS, but hadn't heard of problems with CAI. You're saying that itineraries that include CAI, when you land in the US, CBP does a secondary interview with you when clearing immigration? Did you also get SSSS on your onward BP? Or for subsequent trips?
Old May 16, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP UA Gold QR Platinum Hilton Gold FB Sinbad
SSSS on QR Flight to USA

Originally Posted by anabolism
Sorry to hear this. I'd previously heard that any travel that included IST resulted in a spate of SSSS, but hadn't heard of problems with CAI. You're saying that itineraries that include CAI, when you land in the US, CBP does a secondary interview with you when clearing immigration? Did you also get SSSS on your onward BP? Or for subsequent trips?
During this past month, I had done two turnarounds, once in CAI and another in HBE and then went on to KUL .. I did SIN DOH and the next day when I got to the Premium Check in at DOH, I see SSSS on my boarding pass, the first eer time it has ever happened. I am sure it was triggered by my QR bookings to CAI or HBE as I have come in and out of KUL before without problems . I was given a nice check (actually just my carry on) and Global Entry was no problem on arrival .
Old May 16, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Looks like the fare is gone.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:04 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by thebakaronis
The OP's original itn is still pricing-$2100apx. SO, maybe try different dates.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by thebakaronis
= you couldn't find it for your dates.

You might want to search around a bit more.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA,DL
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...c=b;a=ONEWORLD

Pretty crazy fare. Id love to do it if I had the time to get to CAI. Im based in LAX and don't have that much time..
Old May 22, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Thanks to Alexwuk for the remainder on the laptop ban - I had completely forgotten about it.

Booked 7/23 CAI-LHR-SEA-HNL 9/20 return to CAI. Thanks OP!
Old May 22, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by anabolism
This goes *way* beyond SSSS. I mean having well spoken men in suits waiting for a quick chat before boarding your AA flight at LHR, asking about your political views (with a focus about places like Syria and Yemen). In addition to the the secondary interviews at both US entry points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.