Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CAI-USA-EZE-USA-CAI J ~2000-2400 4.3cpm AA/BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CAI-USA-EZE-USA-CAI J ~2000-2400 4.3cpm AA/BA

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 7:50 pm
mgm

Originally Posted by alexwuk
This goes *way* beyond SSSS. I mean having well spoken men in suits waiting for a quick chat before boarding your AA flight at LHR, asking about your political views (with a focus about places like Syria and Yemen). In addition to the the secondary interviews at both US entry points.
Without wanting to go too much OT, do you let them know you are doing a mileage run? I'm not sure if that would make the situation worse or not.

Just a data point from my experience doing a same day PTY turnaround last year, I was asked why I left the US and arrived back the same day. Told the truth and explained what a mileage run was. Officer laughed and waived me on.

Given the general situation with the ME at the moment, it might not be so easy to explain?
Old May 23, 2017, 4:16 am

I will have to agree. Did AZ routing from CAI-YYZ, and return via JFK. Global Entry was X, and had to have a quick chat with CBP at pre-clearance regarding my travel.

Overall wasn't too bad. But a bit unnerving. Also, have SSSS for the past month or two as well.

Can't wait for this to blow over or will apply for redress eventually. I would NOT recommend CAI fares to USA for the savings.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:54 am

Another data point: I've traveled this several times, but always careful to break the routing between carriers or airports in Europe (e.g. CAI BA xLHR//LGW BA JFK or CAI AZ xFCO AA PHL). If you arrive in the US and the global entry computer shows you coming from Europe, there's never any interviews (this is also why I break tickets form Turkey through Europe as well).
Old May 23, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
Another data point: I've traveled this several times, but always careful to break the routing between carriers or airports in Europe (e.g. CAI BA xLHR//LGW BA JFK or CAI AZ xFCO AA PHL). If you arrive in the US and the global entry computer shows you coming from Europe, there's never any interviews (this is also why I break tickets form Turkey through Europe as well).
"e.g. CAI BA xLHR//LGW BA JFK" did you mean BA from CAI to LHR or LGW then AA on to JFK?
Old May 23, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Delta has similar fares out of Germany and/or Switzerland, also works for GRU as destination. You probably get fewer questions on that one, and you can bring your laptop along.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by mgm
Without wanting to go too much OT, do you let them know you are doing a mileage run? I'm not sure if that would make the situation worse or not.
I can't think of a single good reason to lie about being on a mileage run. You have the right to travel and have nothing to hide.

That said, after taking advantage of a discounted award from SAW to the US, and enduring SSSS for a few months afterwards even with pre-check and global entry, I would think twice about starting an ex-CAI itin.
Old May 23, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by work2fly
I can't think of a single good reason to lie about being on a mileage run. You have the right to travel and have nothing to hide.

That said, after taking advantage of a discounted award from SAW to the US, and enduring SSSS for a few months afterwards even with pre-check and global entry, I would think twice about starting an ex-CAI itin.
I've only got SSSS'ed once, had to submit to an extra explosive residue scan and a very brief 'interview' - took all of 5min max.

What is the longest delay you've had?
Old May 23, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
From personal experience, this is not true. My husband was sent to secondary interview coming in from London, with Global Entry. Interviewer asked why he was doing such an itinerary and then answered his own question with "It's for the miles, isn't it?".
It would be silly of CBP if they never interviewed someone with GE coming from Europe. Part of the tools of any agency dealing with security is a certain level of unpredictability.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
I've only got SSSS'ed once, had to submit to an extra explosive residue scan and a very brief 'interview' - took all of 5min max.

What is the longest delay you've had?
I received none of the pre-check benefits - laptop and electronics out, belt and shoes off, a pat down and a brief interview with someone other than the metal detector minder who isn't always immediately available and has to do some typing before we're allowed to leave. Multiply this by 4, since I usually travel with my wife and 2 small kids.

Maybe an extra 5-10 minutes, but having been spoiled with pre-check in the past, it's just a hassle I'd rather avoid.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Is the SSSS hassle applicable to starting the departure ex-CAI or it is also applies to other countries included in the ban like DOHA or AUH?
Old May 24, 2017, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Was anyone able to get this fare with BA or another OW carrier codes? For the eqds?
Old May 25, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat / Marriott Titanium/ Hyatt Globalist/ Delta Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by grbauctions
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...c=b;a=ONEWORLD

Pretty crazy fare. Id love to do it if I had the time to get to CAI. Im based in LAX and don't have that much time..
Based in LAX also. CAI is a pretty crazy place, kids will hold onto a car if you try to leave your parking spot and demand money for parking, guys will lock arms and block a street and demand money for a tour you don't want. I'm glad I went once but that's enough for me!
Old May 25, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by mgm

Just a data point from my experience doing a same day PTY turnaround last year, I was asked why I left the US and arrived back the same day. Told the truth and explained what a mileage run was. Officer laughed and waived me on.

Given the general situation with the ME at the moment, it might not be so easy to explain?
I don't think you understand. I am not talking about "officers". I am talking about non-uniformed people with high IQs, investigative temperaments, absolutely no insignia/uniforms/displayed accreditation.

Bottom line: ex-CAI on AA is not for everyone.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by alexwuk
I don't think you understand. I am not talking about "officers". I am talking about non-uniformed people with high IQs, investigative temperaments, absolutely no insignia/uniforms/displayed accreditation.

Bottom line: ex-CAI on AA is not for everyone.
Doesn't sound pleasant, (better than being left in a room in the bowels of CBP for an indeterminate period, but that's a low bar).

I've got some itineraries next month that might look weird. I'll fly xxx-AUH-CAI on an AA award PNR, then CAI-DOH (if it's operating) on a revenue ex-CAI RTW, then DOH-AUH-U.S. (if DOH-AUH is operating) on another AA award PNR. I'm hoping I won't get secondary at Immigration/Customs, nor SSSS at security for my AUH pre-clearance.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by anabolism
I'm hoping I won't get secondary at Immigration/Customs, nor SSSS at security for my AUH pre-clearance.
On a routing like that I think there is little chance of your hoped for outcome being true. I did CAI-DOH-LHR-JFK and got the works as I detailed in one of the other ex-CAI threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.