Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aa: Sea - cun $506 rt

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Aa: Sea - cun $506 rt

A good premium fare deal to Cancun during the off-season: American Airlines from SEA - CUN in Business/First Class, $506 round trip. Dates available in mid-August / September / October.

https://concorde.io/deals/aa-sea-cun-for-509-round-trip
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...SEA0AA617;sc=f
Old May 1, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
wow great deal
Old May 1, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Glob, EX-AS 75k
Great deal, looks like T/W only in both direction. Prices as one-ways too though.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I think there was a similar deal last year. So tempted to book a few of these for requal purposes.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Looks like you can route this thru lax and phl.

Best I can find is SEA-LAX-PHL-CUN-PHL-PHX-SEA. Looks like you can build it into a pretty good run.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Books into I fare
Old May 2, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Wow, that's an AMAZING deal! Not just for those chasing status, but for anyone! Wow! Still available too!

ATL
Old May 2, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i know it won't happen but i would love to see DL match this.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Too bad it only earns on spend now for AA. Otherwise I would gladly pick one of these up.

Can do something like SEA-MIA-CUN(4hrs)-JFK-SEA for $502. That's only 4000 some award miles it looks like. Would this make sense to try and get a special fare on?
Old May 2, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Exp Plat / Marriott Titanium/ Hyatt Globalist/ Delta Diamond Medallion
Nevermind
Old May 2, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Glutton for punishment?

just pulled the trigger on a same-day return. SEA-LAX-MIA-CUN-CLT-PHX-SEA for a cozy 15,494 MQMs.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...sc=b;a=AA;eo=e

LAX-MIA redeye on the outbound will have (somewhat) more enhanced service than a traditional transcon redeye, plus I scheduled a 3 hour MIA layover so I can shower and grab brekkie in the Amex Centurion lounge. There is an earlier MIA-CUN flight if you don't want the 3-hour sit in MIA.

Returning, I wanted to avoid clearing customs in MIA if at all possible. CUN-PHL does not operate every day heading into the fall, and when it does, PHL-SEA nonstop is already gone by the time you land. Could not cobble together a PHL routing that worked for me either way. Oh well. Will get meal service on CUN-CLT and CLT-PHX, and CLT is a better airport experience compared to PHL. Overall, pretty happy with this deal for 30 hours of flying!
Old May 2, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by michellt
Great deal, looks like T/W only in both direction. Prices as one-ways too though.
Can someone explain the T/W to me please? Trying to figure out if i can build a stopover into this and assuming T/W is in that area ^
Old May 2, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Glob, EX-AS 75k
The fare is only outbound Mon-Wed and return Tue-Wed.

Originally Posted by cstorrie
Can someone explain the T/W to me please? Trying to figure out if i can build a stopover into this and assuming T/W is in that area ^
Old May 2, 2017, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by michellt
The fare is only outbound Mon-Wed and return Tue-Wed.
ha ha thanks, sometimes shouldn't be looking for complicated FT shorthand
Old May 2, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador
Immigration Q

Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
just pulled the trigger on a same-day return. SEA-LAX-MIA-CUN-CLT-PHX-SEA for a cozy 15,494 MQMs.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...sc=b;a=AA;eo=e

LAX-MIA redeye on the outbound will have (somewhat) more enhanced service than a traditional transcon redeye, plus I scheduled a 3 hour MIA layover so I can shower and grab brekkie in the Amex Centurion lounge. There is an earlier MIA-CUN flight if you don't want the 3-hour sit in MIA.

Returning, I wanted to avoid clearing customs in MIA if at all possible. CUN-PHL does not operate every day heading into the fall, and when it does, PHL-SEA nonstop is already gone by the time you land. Could not cobble together a PHL routing that worked for me either way. Oh well. Will get meal service on CUN-CLT and CLT-PHX, and CLT is a better airport experience compared to PHL. Overall, pretty happy with this deal for 30 hours of flying!
Assuming no checked bags: do you have to go through CUN immigration/customs before the return flight? Or is there a way to stay airside and treat the return flight essentially as a connection?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.