Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: exARN sale, book by 24th, from $1100 (DXB) and many more

QR: exARN sale, book by 24th, from $1100 (DXB) and many more

Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Any J fares from Oslo to Cardiff? I hear Cardiff Bay is the new Sukhumvit Soi 11 and Bangla Road replacement.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:28 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Quick look in Nov & Dec and the red star denoting its valid for MasterCard discount wouldn't show up on any of the promo fares :-(

Anyone know if the discount applied already in the fares shown in the list or is it applied just before paying ???

Sorry - on phone with slow sporadic internet. Really not easy to go through qatars website properly.
If you see the red star it is already the discounted fare.

And yes it works with promo fares too. Last week I was looking for a flight but not booked because it was to expensive.
Yesterday I saw cheaper promo fares available and get additionally 15 % off.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
MASTERCARD definitely works on Promo fares. Brings ARN-AKL down to Ł1650 on my dates. Very tempting.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: AY Silver, BA Silver, FI Saga hopeful
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
MASTERCARD definitely works on Promo fares. Brings ARN-AKL down to Ł1650 on my dates. Very tempting.
Indeed! Lot's of dates for Ł1650/1800e/17800SEK. Pretty close to the AKL launch sale prices. Too bad that Feb/March is not available yet.
-
DJ
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by AHO
Fare basis: RJSEP5ZE
Buy latest: 2017-MAY-03

Fare: all prices are incl. taxes.
  • Krabi (KBV): 12.149 SEK
  • Bangkok (BKK): 13.499 SEK
  • Phuket (HKT): 20.349 SEK
The price difference between KBV and HKT is striking - if I wanted to go to Phuket a cheap ground transfer between KBV and Phuket would be the solution. The KBV fare is very good ^
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:09 am
AHO

Originally Posted by docjones
Indeed! Lot's of dates for Ł1650/1800e/17800SEK. Pretty close to the AKL launch sale prices. Too bad that Feb/March is not available yet.
-
DJ
Sample date with promo code MASTERCARD:

Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Got ARN-DOH-KBV (Krabi) RT for $1,272 with MasterCard discount in October. 19 hours in Doha on the outbound so hopefully that will qualify for the free transit hotel from QR.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MCI777
Got ARN-DOH-KBV (Krabi) RT for $1,272 with MasterCard discount in October. 19 hours in Doha on the outbound so hopefully that will qualify for the free transit hotel from QR.
Only if there is no operated alternative (regardless of fare or even availability).
Old May 1, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Only if there is no operated alternative (regardless of fare or even availability).
Luckily for me, there IS a later flight from ARN but there is only one flight to KBV, so both layovers (taking earlier flight or later flight) are over 8 hours.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:07 am

We Booked November over Thanksgiving going to BKK

I just got back from that USA-SIN deal for $1800 sale back in January, got addicted to QR J and saw this one

Found a cheap BA flight through AA from DEN-LHR and onto ARN for $600 in Y so not bad leaving from the USA and getting all AA miles
Old May 1, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Personally looking at either the BKK route or the SIN route. If BKK you'd get to fly on the 787, A380, and 777 to sample the various Biz hard products. Flying to SIN gets you the 787 and the A350.

Also trying to book these as far out as possible to maybe (doubtfully) get to try the new QSuite... but based on what I've read there is virtually no chance of getting a QSuite on these routes.

Edit: It looks like Google Flights lets you select some BKK 77W routes (QSuites?) but I can't select when pricing through on QR website.

Is the deadline May 3rd at Midnight ARN time?

Last edited by trapped; May 1, 2017 at 12:17 pm
Old May 1, 2017, 12:13 pm
Abd

Qatar just announced a free stopover program for guests traveling through doha in all classes. They give you a free hotel night at any of the listed five star hotels. Guys booking the above fare should take benefit of this option.

http://www.qatarairways.com/in/en/pr...ease_plusqatar
Old May 1, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Abd
Qatar just announced a free stopover program for guests traveling through doha in all classes. They give you a free hotel night at any of the listed five star hotels. Guys booking the above fare should take benefit of this option.

http://www.qatarairways.com/in/en/pr...ease_plusqatar
Good to know - this seems like an extension of the old stopover policy where J pax would be put up in a hotel for free if the shortest connection was longer than 8 hours. This will come in very useful!
Old May 1, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by obduro
Good to know - this seems like an extension of the old stopover policy where J pax would be put up in a hotel for free if the shortest connection was longer than 8 hours. This will come in very useful!
It will be very handy to break up a journey and profitable for Qatar to drive tourism however I didn't really enjoy Doha that much the couple of times I've been there. Maybe that's just me of course !
Old May 1, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Originally Posted by trapped
Personally looking at either the BKK route or the SIN route. If BKK you'd get to fly on the 787, A380, and 777 to sample the various Biz hard products. Flying to SIN gets you the 787 and the A350.
Just a small warning... It is quite common for QR to change the aircraft on its routes, and it seems to happen quite frequently on the BKK route. In the QR forum, there is a thread specifically discussing BKK flights. I would book based on convenience and not be totally surprised if your aircraft changes before the flight date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.