Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

China Airlines: JFK to BKK in premium econ and biz $1100 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
CI PE BKK-LAX us$1135

Not a bad PE fare and the BKK-TPE-BKK segments are in D with the TPE-LAX-TPE in E fare. Decent ride on the long segments if you book at CI's website and can get the bulkhead seats. Last time I booked on O and got stuck in the middle outbound. THB 39285 lowest.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
Not a bad PE fare and the BKK-TPE-BKK segments are in D with the TPE-LAX-TPE in E fare. Decent ride on the long segments if you book at CI's website and can get the bulkhead seats. Last time I booked on O and got stuck in the middle outbound. THB 39285 lowest.
Can you give me details of your booking, esp dates? I'm showing from CI's website, 58,000 baht in Biz/PE, and on O's site, US$1,700, for dates in July, September, etc, class selected PE.

Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Originally Posted by tangoll
Can you give me details of your booking, esp dates? I'm showing from CI's website, 58,000 baht in Biz/PE, and on O's site, US$1,700, for dates in July, September, etc, class selected PE.

Thanks.
I was looking in May, as the fare disappears for the latter part of June to Aug, before becoming available for (some dates) in Sept thru Nov. Some dates I checked didn't have the lowest fare available. Use CI's Thailand site of course. For example May 12 outbound and return May 21. Still there. It's also available from HKG for about US$1185.

Shows on GF.

Last edited by rbAA; Apr 11, 2017 at 4:02 am
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
I was looking in May, as the fare disappears for the latter part of June to Aug, before becoming available for (some dates) in Sept thru Nov. Some dates I checked didn't have the lowest fare available. Use CI's Thailand site of course. For example May 12 outbound and return May 21. Still there. It's also available from HKG for about US$1185.

Shows on GF.
Thank you. Got it
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:18 pm

JFK to BKK

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sc:p;sd:1;t:f

Search in Google flights for premium economy. The JFK to TPE leg is in premium but the TPE to BKK leg books into business, angled flat or lie flat depending on which aircraft you choose.

Book thru China airlines site.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
Books into E-D-D-E for 1085 ai
That's 41k miles if DL Diamond and 14k MQM
Not too bad but I still prefer the Singapore run
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: DL GM
Same price to HKG as well, though the second leg is far too short to get any real use out of the business class aspect.

Interesting fare, just not sure what the product is like.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RumPatrol
Same price to HKG as well, though the second leg is far too short to get any real use out of the business class aspect.

Interesting fare, just not sure what the product is like.
The seat's similar to CX PE, a little cramped if your stuck in the middle seats, but definitely better that coach. Of course, it's business class on the short segments, decent enough.

This one seems available thru EOS, except June and July.

Also, BKK-JFK is $1400 some dates until Nov then goes to as low as $1236.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriot Platinum, HH Gold
Is stopover it TPE possible?

I cannot find in anything about stopover in fare details. The china airlines website does not allow Multi-city(stop over) booking on their website in Premium Economy(that is what the pop up says)

Would love to spend 2-3 days there in one direction with this fare.

Thoughts?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: SPG Plat 50+, Hyatt Diamond, United Gold
Decent fare and seems to have lots of options if the Biz leg isn't important. And have managed to tack on stopover in TPE without too much of an upcharge (JFK-CGK, CGK-TPE, TPE-JFK). Tempting since we're planning a trip to Indonesia and Taipei in the fall. Was previously considering the SV biz class fare thru MXP/FCO but this might be a slightly better option.

https://goo.gl/flights/v1m7
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:23 pm
qsh

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
CI having 10% promotion for Premium Economy.
code: HAPPYAPR
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 50+, Hyatt Diamond, United Gold
Originally Posted by qsh
CI having 10% promotion for Premium Economy.
code: HAPPYAPR
Wow! That makes this a really excellent deal then. Able to get JFK-BKK RT for $985. Only thing that stinks for me is that I wanted to do it as multi-leg (JFK-CGK-TPE-JFK) and it won't allow you to do that on the CI website (and thus unable to apply the promo to that routing). Still considering booking just JFK-CGK or JFK-TPE r/t though.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by tomasdev
Books into E-D-D-E for 1085 ai
That's 41k miles if DL Diamond and 14k MQM
Not too bad but I still prefer the Singapore run
China Airlines does not get the Medallion bonus. It's less than 20k RDM.

Even so, this is an amazing fare.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:36 am

Also NRT for $1636.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Don't forget 3742 MQDs on the BKK routing. That's a lot for a $1100ish spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.