Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: ATL/YUL/YYZ-HNL ~$1146ai (First - USA Domestic)

AA: ATL/YUL/YYZ-HNL ~$1146ai (First - USA Domestic)

Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FindAWay
though, as I learned last year flying DFW-HNL-DFW on AA, they swap-out that aircraft a lot - we were downgraded to an older, angled-flat both ways at the airport).
AA has few "old" 767s left. I think they're 77% complete with the upgrades of 767s from angled flat to lie flat, with completion expected by summer/fall of this year. In other words, your odds of being downgraded to an angled flat seat on the 767 is lower than a year ago and decreasing.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:50 pm

Routings via IAD using UA nonstops are possible:

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0&...A145;sc=b;eo=e
Old May 7, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
All available data points show that using TYPs sometimes triggers distance-based special fares use; maybe even most of the time, but definitely not always. There have been a couple reports for Amex, showing mixed results; not sure about Chase UR.

There are also indications that a ticket re-issue, for whatever reason, often triggers it. So you could try to improve your odds by getting an SDFC, for example.
True - Happened to me Twice on long haul - DFW-HKG and HKG-LAX. Both no 2 different PNR.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Careful of equipment changes on DFW-HNL flight 123.

Doing my run today and my new 767 got changed from a new flat-bed 767, to the old 2x2x2. Had I known this was probable I would have chosen a different route.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Careful of equipment changes on DFW-HNL flight 123.

Doing my run today and my new 767 got changed from a new flat-bed 767, to the old 2x2x2. Had I known this was probable I would have chosen a different route.
Sounds like not much has changed from last year - per upthread:

Originally Posted by dukerau
Originally Posted by FindAWay
though, as I learned last year flying DFW-HNL-DFW on AA, they swap-out that aircraft a lot - we were downgraded to an older, angled-flat both ways at the airport).
AA has few "old" 767s left. I think they're 77% complete with the upgrades of 767s from angled flat to lie flat, with completion expected by summer/fall of this year. In other words, your odds of being downgraded to an angled flat seat on the 767 is lower than a year ago and decreasing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.