Original Poster

Aa : Yvr-sjo $789 US r/t

- books into I

- 7k miles flown, could only find routings via DFW

- comes up cheapest (by $10) on non-US AA sites

http://www.momondo.com/flightsearch/...false&NA=false
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Nice - Google Flights shows dates in May & August, though most I checked have an overnight in DFW.

It looks like if you credit into AS, you'd get about 10,000 miles with the 50% class of service bonus.

I also found one routing that went YVR - PHX - MIA - SJO outbound, and SJO - DFW - PHX - LAX - YVR on the return, for $816. A slog both ways, but it looks like that'd net you 16,828 miles before any bonuses. Add the class of service bonus, and you're at ~25K miles credited to AS. Add any kind of an elite bonus, and you're at over 30K.

AKA, renew your AS MVP status for $816 and a weekend of sitting in business class on AA.

Last edited by atourgates; Apr 6, 2017 at 11:35 am
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:26 am

When converted to CDN dollars, this is a standard price for this route and many others into Central America.
Here is a route with a few extra stops.

I've noticed the airlines are adding some long inconvenient connections with these fares.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by atourgates
I also found one routing that went YVR - PHX - MIA - SJO outbound, and SJO - DFW - PHX - LAX - YVR on the return, for $816. A slog both ways, but it looks like that'd net you 16,828 miles before any bonuses. Add the class of service bonus, and you're at ~25K miles credited to AS. Add any kind of an elite bonus, and you're at over 30K
Did you accidentally double the base miles? I only get a total of 8,413 miles for YVR-PHX-MIA-SJO-DFW-PHX-LAX-YVR
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by atourgates
Nice - Google Flights shows dates in May & August, though most I checked have an overnight in DFW.

It looks like if you credit into AS, you'd get about 10,000 miles with the 50% class of service bonus.

I also found one routing that went YVR - PHX - MIA - SJO outbound, and SJO - DFW - PHX - LAX - YVR on the return, for $816. A slog both ways, but it looks like that'd net you 16,828 miles before any bonuses. Add the class of service bonus, and you're at ~25K miles credited to AS. Add any kind of an elite bonus, and you're at over 30K.

AKA, renew your AS MVP status for $816 and a weekend of sitting in business class on AA.
Nope! - you get about half that. Sorry your math is wrong.
YVR-PHX-MIA-SJO-DFW-PHX-LAX-YVR = 8,413
Class or service bonus would be ------> 4.206
----------------------------------------------12,619 EARNED
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
This also works reasonably well as an AAVacations deal for those looking to credit direct to AA. Price goes up a bit (using the same dates in the OP I found $1000-1100), but that includes a hotel (for two weeks!) and since it's a special fare it should earn about 14k EQM and 1400 EQD. Not the most incredible AAV deal I've seen, but anytime EQD/$>1 is a win in my book. I only poked at the dates a very little bit; cheapest I found was around $900 and that was for like 5 days. You can go as low as 3 with AAV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.