Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

ETIHAD J Class - SYD to NYC Return - AUD$5,195 - Companion fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!

Requires 2 travellers. Quite a few conditions.

24Apr17 - 20Jun17 and 18Sep17 to 14Dec17

http://www.firstclass.com.au/airfare...ess-class/4594
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:02 am

$5195 each... I don't think it is hot.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Not a great deal.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raccoon
$5195 each... I don't think it is hot.
I know it is each.

I think it's a hot deal. Approximately AUD$7 to 8000 EACH for SYD to NYC on a quality airline normally.

If you can point out a quality airline with $5000 airfares for my husband and myself (i.e. $5000 each so totalling $10,000) I'd be delighted to know.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caliform
Not a great deal.
Show me a great deal for SYD to NYC in business class on a quality airline e.g. Singapore, Emirates, Etihad, Qantas. Please. I'd love to go to NYC for 5k EACH.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:16 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Show me a great deal for SYD to NYC in business class on a quality airline e.g. Singapore, Emirates, Etihad, Qantas. Please. I'd love to go to NYC for 5k EACH.
28hrs of flying, no devices on second leg and it's J for more than you can buy Points travel for, no thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:12 am

A bit harsh given the fun of finding dates for redemptions..... little unfair NOT to give that some financial value?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
There's no need to get wound up. People can say their opinion that it's not a good deal, same as you can say you think it is (hence posting).

For what it's worth, given the flight distance and airline I think this is a decent deal. Flights ex-SYD are always pretty dear and given fares on the likes of China Southern and Korean regularly come out at $6000AUD this isn't something to turn your nose up at.

Thank you for sharing!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obduro
There's no need to get wound up. People can say their opinion that it's not a good deal, same as you can say you think it is (hence posting).

For what it's worth, given the flight distance and airline I think this is a decent deal. Flights ex-SYD are always pretty dear and given fares on the likes of China Southern and Korean regularly come out at $6000AUD this isn't something to turn your nose up at.

Thank you for sharing!
Im not getting wound up. I'm asking for advice from those saying this fare is expensive.

I don't want to fly that long. I'll pay 8k for QF but thought some flyers would enjoy a long flight in J on a quality airline.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Requires 2 travellers. Quite a few conditions.

24Apr17 - 20Jun17 and 18Sep17 to 14Dec17

http://www.firstclass.com.au/airfare...ess-class/4594
If it was a fare for 1, it would be just an OK fare. But the airlines is asking minimum of $10390....no way
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Wow tough crowd here... Yes it's a good deal for a quality carrier on this route as far as I'm aware, and people who care about the route should be glad to be notified about this. 2-3k lower than usual is worth a post if it's not a regular occurrence. None of the haters defined "good" fares or referred to recent deals where these "good" fares actually existed.

Note that right now Qantas etc. offer AUD6k fares without the need for companion, which is also quite good.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by apk123
Wow tough crowd here... Yes it's a good deal for a quality carrier on this route as far as I'm aware, and people who care about the route should be glad to be notified about this. 2-3k lower than usual is worth a post if it's not a regular occurrence. None of the haters defined "good" fares or referred to recent deals where these "good" fares actually existed.

Note that right now Qantas etc. offer AUD6k fares without the need for companion, which is also quite good.
How did you get that? I was looking at this fare and all I saw on ITA were QF fares around AUD 8K.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
How did you get that? I was looking at this fare and all I saw on ITA were QF fares around AUD 8K.
apk123 was too terrified to post the fare lest they get jumped on by the "if the fare doesn't interest me then its hopeless" crowd
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
apk123 was too terrified to post the fare lest they get jumped on by the "if the fare doesn't interest me then its hopeless" crowd
You have to have thicker skin than that around here
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
You have to have thicker skin than that around here
Speak for yourself - some of us are as delicate as a flower

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.