Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK BKK-LAX Business (O) $3932 r/t ai through EOS

Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

BKK-DXB-LAX / LAX-DXB-BKK : Can Book directly with Emirates

This looks like a sweet spot out of Bangkok through end of service, Books into business O class, minimum 5 days, max 1 month, stopovers in DXB in either direction up to 14 days. Great if you are doing another run from the ME. Shorter turns and longer returns possible for approx $300.00 more. Emirates A380 all segments. Total base miles, 22,734.

If crediting to Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan this one trip would give you MVP status since Alaska Airlines does not require any flights on their own metal to achieve Elite status. O class credits with a 25% Class of service bonus which is Elite qualifying. 22,734 + 25%(22,734) = 28,418. MVP Elite is attainable with 20K miles on AS only and 25K on AS + Partner Airlines. Do this twice and you have struck MVP Gold. (40K AS only, 50K AS + Partners) Additionally, there is a further 100% bonus for redeemable miles giving you a total of 51,152 for an award redemption.

Now if that wasn't enough!! Alaska Elite members get an additional miles based on their Elite Status, MVP +50%, MVP Gold +100%, MVP Gold 75K +125% effectively giving you 62,514, 73,866 or 79,570 miles respectively.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Not a horrible deal to/fr LAX. The problem i've had is that EK has been switching equip from A380 to 777 for some DXB-LAX legs now. Thanks for the post - tempting!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
True

I flew Emirates First LAX-DXB-FCO last August with a 4-day stopover in DXB on an AS award before the devaluation. Originally booked it out of DFW for the A380. SEA is my closest gateway for EK but I didn't want to fly the 777. After confirmation at 100K points and devaluation to 180K the equipment was changed to the 777 for our flight.

It took some wrangling but I was able to get my flight origin changed to LAX and enjoy the A380. Alaska redeposited my 100K, added 80K to my account and booked it under the new rates. for both my partner and I.

As it turned out there were only 5 in the first class cabin with the two of us. Amazing service, even had two showers, one before bed and another before arrival.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I flew Emirates First LAX-DXB-FCO last August with a 4-day stopover in DXB on an AS award before the devaluation. Originally booked it out of DFW for the A380. SEA is my closest gateway for EK but I didn't want to fly the 777. After confirmation at 100K points and devaluation to 180K the equipment was changed to the 777 for our flight.

It took some wrangling but I was able to get my flight origin changed to LAX and enjoy the A380. Alaska redeposited my 100K, added 80K to my account and booked it under the new rates. for both my partner and I.

As it turned out there were only 5 in the first class cabin with the two of us. Amazing service, even had two showers, one before bed and another before arrival.
That's awesome. I had a decent deal on EK F CAI-LAX shower-class (~3k ow), and then they changed the equip on me to 777, so I sent the ticket to refund and paid 800 EGP for doing so. I'll find my AS miles some how ...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:47 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
There are similar deals origin LAX. Flying LAX-CMB r/t under 4K on QR later this year. Far cry from the >2k deals to SIN on QR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.