Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Air China: JFK - HND $2648 (Z class)

Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

Not the best deal but not bad ex-JFK.

JFK - PEK - HND - PEK - JFK. Books into Z class (125% on UA/AC/SQ) looks like 200% on M&M. Also appears to be ~$100 less for NRT but requires an overnight in PEK (wiping out the savings)

Example: https://goo.gl/flights/Ta5M

Looks to be refundable with $300 fee
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Looks like it is dead. Seeing nothing but fares > $5000 on Matrix

Update:

My bad. Available starting end of June and through July. Looks like you can avoid the overnight by flying EWR-PEK-HND on the way out and HND-PEK-JFK on the way back

Bookable on https://www.airchina.us as a multi-city itinerary.

The following itinerary lists at $2648 on Matrix but looks like it books at $2555 on CA.
Attached Images  

Last edited by cheltzel; Mar 28, 2017 at 12:43 pm
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
CA and MU often offer discounted biz class from US to East Asia. JFK/PVG/NRT on MU is quoted on Google as $2831 but I usually email MU NYC office and they can get me a lower rate. The ULH JFK/PVG on their brand new B773ER with 1-2-1 reverse herringbone is much better than the 2-2-2 on CA B748 and they have pajamas and free wifi (though slow). That segment also gives 150% DL MQM and provides FREE limo/car service to/from JFK, LAX, ORD and SFO. So if you're a SkyTeam / DL elite, that's a much better deal in my opinion as I've flown with them a few times now to help me maintain DM status on DL.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: DL DM / GE / APEC
Originally Posted by WillTravelForStories
CA and MU often offer discounted biz class from US to East Asia. JFK/PVG/NRT on MU is quoted on Google as $2831 but I usually email MU NYC office and they can get me a lower rate. The ULH JFK/PVG on their brand new B773ER with 1-2-1 reverse herringbone is much better than the 2-2-2 on CA B748 and they have pajamas and free wifi (though slow). That segment also gives 150% DL MQM and provides FREE limo/car service to/from JFK, LAX, ORD and SFO. So if you're a SkyTeam / DL elite, that's a much better deal in my opinion as I've flown with them a few times now to help me maintain DM status on DL.
Could you share some details on this? How good rates do they give you? Do you just send them your preferred dates and they give you a quote, or do you email and ask for any possible discount time slots coming up? (As a NYC based DL DM who is not flying quite so much this year, this is quite intriguing!)
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:38 am

Hi there--I can DM you, fellow DM!

I use Google Flights and send the results to MU NYC office and they usually reply with rates like $100-200 lower. My last trip to Taipei was under $2500 for early Dec to early Jan travels. And I recently booked another JFK/PVG/TPE trip, again, for under $2500 in May travels. I met their NYC sales managers at NYT Travel Show last year and that's how I found out about the deals, including car service within 60 miles of JFK.

If anyone else is interested, you can DM me and I'll share the contact info of the MU NYC sales rep. They're all very nice. I wish they'd give me commission for referral! LOL
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:47 am

Kind of random but I searched NYC-TPE and found $1,000 business class to TPE on Xiamen
which looks like it's on SkyTeam? Could be a good offer? Who knows... https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...JFK1MF849;sc=b

EDIT: unfortunately seemed like a limited # of seats - fare gone!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: United Gold
btw I think the deal the OP found was a "weekend sale" from Air China, Mar 24-26.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Kind of random but I searched NYC-TPE and found $1,000 business class to TPE on Xiamen
which looks like it's on SkyTeam? Could be a good offer? Who knows... https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...JFK1MF849;sc=b

EDIT: unfortunately seemed like a limited # of seats - fare gone!
OMG a good deal! Yes MF is new to SkyTeam and a subsidiary of CZ. However, both airlines are in group 3 of DL's buddy list when it comes to MQM... Sad. Tremendous.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:09 am

Hi -

Slightly off topic, but I credit my MF flights to KLM Flying Blue -- 130% RDM & EQM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.