Wiki Posts
Search

Az/af: Jfk/nap $1864

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond
Az/af: Jfk/nap $1864

Just found JFK/NAP (Naples/Napoli, Italy) on Air France and/or Alitalia (SkyTeam) via CDG, FCO or MXP in biz class r/t for $1864 on May and June dates.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...a=SKYTEAM;eo=e

Last edited by WillTravelForStories; Mar 16, 2017 at 9:29 pm
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Posted last week: AF/AZ: JFK-NAP ~$1860 Business Class rt
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
And last month DL/AZ/AF: NYC-PMO/NAP r/t in J for ~$1,700
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:57 am
Original Poster

I'm too slow to the party. LOL.

On the return, one option is NAP/LIN then "airport change" for MXP/JFK. Does anyone know if AZ would provide a shuttle bus from LIN to MXP? How about checked-in luggage? I see a 7-hr layover too--is it possible to ask AZ to transfer the luggage while I go to Milan town center for a visit from LIN, then head to MXP on my own to catch the flight?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by WillTravelForStories

On the return, one option is NAP/LIN then "airport change" for MXP/JFK. Does anyone know if AZ would provide a shuttle bus from LIN to MXP? How about checked-in luggage? I see a 7-hr layover too--is it possible to ask AZ to transfer the luggage while I go to Milan town center for a visit from LIN, then head to MXP on my own to catch the flight?
I can't answer your questions but I will say that even if AZ offers a shuttle you would be better off going NAP-MXP-JFK. I have had too many bad experiences with AZ to trust it to get my luggage from LIN to MXP.

If you can get a 7 hour connection in MXP take the Malpensa Express (a train) into Milan. Get off at the last stop and then take a taxi to il Duomo. That will put you in the heart of town and is much quicker, and less expensive, than taking a taxi from LIN. It will also allow you to know where to get the train for your return to the airport.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100

If there is an airline to even chance a co-terminal luggage transfer with, it surely isn't AZ.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
is it possible to ask AZ to transfer the luggage while I go to Milan town center for a visit from LIN, then head to MXP on my own to catch the flight?
No chance. You're on your own.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

@Dovster @KosherKimchee @Kacee Thank you so much for the answers!

NAP to Milan is to LIN, not MXP, unfortunately. I've been to Milan before and was just thinking going to see Duomo area again during the layover if I book this trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.