Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by megaloman
Can you have more than two transfers in Europe?

Surely CAI-LHR-DUB // DUB-LHR-...-HNL would count as 3 transfers, no?
Originally Posted by pbd456
i dont think this is possible.. i tried.
Just to clarify - the word 'Nested' (at least in my mind) implies two separate tickets.

....so CAI-LHR-DUB//[DUB-LHR-DUB]//DUB-JFK-LAX-HNL (with the segments inside parantheses on a separate ticket) is a perfectly valid routing (I know as I recently flew it) and you are not 'discarding' 40 TPS,
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by catharsis
Just to clarify - the word 'Nested' (at least in my mind) implies two separate tickets.

....so CAI-LHR-DUB//[DUB-LHR-DUB]//DUB-JFK-LAX-HNL (with the segments inside parantheses on a separate ticket) is a perfectly valid routing (I know as I recently flew it) and you are not 'discarding' 40 TPS,
you are wasting one extra segment comparing
to
cai lhr, dub lhr jfk lax hnl which is allowed by the routing rule.
and
the positioning involved only one-way instead of a round trip.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
you are wasting one extra segment comparing
to
cai lhr, dub lhr jfk lax hnl which is allowed by the routing rule.
and
the positioning involved only one-way instead of a round trip.
hadn't thought of doing it that way (same number of segments on the base fare though unless I'm losing it!) - but this is a better solution alright if it avoids APD also?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by catharsis
hadn't thought of doing it that way (same number of segments on the base fare though unless I'm losing it!) - but this is a better solution alright if it avoids APD also?
it is posted earlier in the thread by someone.

in fact, one can do
cai lhr, dme lhr jfk lax hnl.

but according to my test, surface sector lhr dme DO count for the mileage and one has to pay for excess mpm.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Looks like they've taken out the ability to use A class when I isn't available.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by Cityguy1
Oh well. That's what explicit discussions in a public forum accomplish. It is one thing to point out the existence of an attractive premium fare (the intent of this forum); quite another to openly start discussing special tricks. For some reason our community never learns.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cityguy1
Seconded. Have one booked for April 2018 and was able to force genuine First with AA on the JFK-LAX transcons. Looked high and low for another doing the same and couldn't see anything either
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
it is posted earlier in the thread by someone.

in fact, one can do
cai lhr, dme lhr jfk lax hnl.

but according to my test, surface sector lhr dme DO count for the mileage and one has to pay for excess mpm.
Correct, embedded (covered by a fare) surface sectors do count towards mileage used.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Scallywag72
Seconded. Have one booked for April 2018 and was able to force genuine First with AA on the JFK-LAX transcons. Looked high and low for another doing the same and couldn't see anything either
I checked the RBD 1 rule, no more 'A permitted'... The intern slowly gets experienced
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by aktchi
Oh well. That's what explicit discussions in a public forum accomplish. It is one thing to point out the existence of an attractive premium fare (the intent of this forum); quite another to openly start discussing special tricks. For some reason our community never learns.
It was not a special trick. This rule was in RBD table and was applied to -ALL- BA I fares from Europe/ Middle East to US and vv. For around 3 months BA revenue management has been screwing it up. Probably AA asked now to pay a bit more than BA planned to
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
The other kicker being this will force you to an R-basis fare rather than an I-basis fare if you have a flight with I0.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:38 am

I'm waiting for my invite to the private Illuminati forum where all the really good deals are listed
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
I'm waiting for my invite to the private Illuminati forum where all the really good deals are listed
You know better than that: deals, meaning fares, are listed right here in this forum, and on many other sites on the web.

However, tricks to optimize even further should be left to PMs. Or Illuminati clubs---if you have not been invited to one, start one yourself.

An "exception" keeps going only as long as it is a rarely-used exception. Once it is on a major public forum and every Tom Dick & Harry is engineering / forcing it, of course that will draw attention and not the right kind.

Last edited by aktchi; Sep 20, 2017 at 2:56 am
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Keter
I checked the RBD 1 rule, no more 'A permitted'... The intern slowly gets experienced
That is one possibility for sure. It is also likely that the higher ups in the office read this thread and yelled at him/her to go fix it.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Believe it or not, most of the participants in this thread are or will not buy or take advantage of this fare Just trying to show off how smart they are in playing around with the fare rules

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.