Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by aktchi
Everything considered, do you prefer to connect for HNL at LAX or DFW?
lax. because i need a stop in JFK. if you dont need a stopover in JFK,
you can do lhr lax dfw hnl but less tier points.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by pbd456
if my 70 years old parents who dont speak very good english can handle Cairo. i am sure that everyone here can.
Correct. Egypt was a British colony for almost 70 years. As in India, Kenya, or Hong Kong, it is easy to manage in English. Most people are very courteous and helpful. You just need to exercise normal travel common sense. When you first arrive, have your hotel's airport car meet you. After that, go about your visit normally, just avoid obvious hustlers and deals too good to be true.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by rajeshh
So if I have approx. 2 hr layover at LHR in between CAI-LHR, and LHR-onwards to US, would it be running too close with this?
CAI-LHR arrives in T5.

If you are flying LHR-USA on BA, then you depart from T5 itself, so 2 hrs is quite relaxed.

If you are departing on AA, then you have to change terminals to T3. It is still not risky, but let's say somewhat less relaxed. Follow "Flight Connections" and don't get too distracted.

Please note that it is the operating carrier that matters here, not marketing one.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by aktchi
If you are flying LHR-USA on BA, then you depart from T5 itself, so 2 hrs is quite relaxed.
Except MIA, DEN, LAS and PHX which are T3.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
I've had a great TA almost book my ticket. However when trying to apply my Gold Upgrade the support line have said the flights all have to be BA codeshares, is this true. I'm only trying to upgrade the TATL ones so don't really see why the LAX-HNL flights can't be a AA ticket.

All that being said I assume there are BA codeshares on those legs so could just change those to BA Codeshares or will it mess up the fare?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Scotland
I've had a great TA almost book my ticket. However when trying to apply my Gold Upgrade the support line have said the flights all have to be BA codeshares, is this true. I'm only trying to upgrade the TATL ones so don't really see why the LAX-HNL flights can't be a AA ticket.

All that being said I assume there are BA codeshares on those legs so could just change those to BA Codeshares or will it mess up the fare?
From the GUF wiki:

Q: Can I use the voucher on an itinerary that includes non-BA flights?
With a booking direct with BA this is fine. For a TA booking you can’t include non-BA flights. However, there are the occasional reports of a few slipping through where some Travel Agents have managed to apply a GUF to a booking which includes both BA and non-BA flights on BA codeshares.

(http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ki-thread.html)

It seems your TA is correct.

There are BA codeshare on the LAX-HNL flights. However, I remember reading someone say that these could only be tagged on to a BA booking. I don't know the answer to that though.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
From the GUF wiki:

Q: Can I use the voucher on an itinerary that includes non-BA flights?
With a booking direct with BA this is fine. For a TA booking you can’t include non-BA flights. However, there are the occasional reports of a few slipping through where some Travel Agents have managed to apply a GUF to a booking which includes both BA and non-BA flights on BA codeshares.

(http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ki-thread.html)

It seems your TA is correct.

There are BA codeshare on the LAX-HNL flights. However, I remember reading someone say that these could only be tagged on to a BA booking. I don't know the answer to that though.
Ah very very interesting. Although there appears to have been some people who have booked the flights here that have used GUF vouchers through a TA in order to get the extra TPs so maybe I just have to hope it slips through the net.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Calchas

CAI might not be your ideal destination ....
^
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Scotland

There are definitely LAX-HNL-LAX flights as BA codeshare numbers. I booked CAI-LHR-LAX/LAX-HNL-LAX/LAX-LHR-CAI all with BA flight numbers using Orbitz. It was only marginally more expensive than AA flight numbers (I think like $20 or so).
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
There are definitely LAX-HNL-LAX flights as BA codeshare numbers. I booked CAI-LHR-LAX/LAX-HNL-LAX/LAX-LHR-CAI all with BA flight numbers using Orbitz.
Did you book it using multi segments option or just straight forward CAI to HNL? Also did you get booked in A class on JFK-LAX-JFK sectors or in I class?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Did you book it using multi segments option or just straight forward CAI to HNL? Also did you get booked in A class on JFK-LAX-JFK sectors or in I class?
It was awhile ago so I don't remember exactly but...

I had stopovers in LAX (since I live there) so I did a multi-segment search on Orbitz for CAI-LAX/LAX-HNL/HNL-LAX/LAX-CAI. I recall possibly having done London to break up one the LAX-CAI segment as since it wasn't giving me the BA coded AA flight I wanted. I forced "British Airways" as the carrier to get the BA codes since it yielded better miles/EQDs for me when crediting to AA.

Everything was I class -- I didn't have a JFK/LAX segment per my routing in the original post above.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:44 pm

It's possible that the LAX-HNL BA codeshares are only bookable when connecting to a route served by BA (e.g LHR-LAX-HNL). JFK-LAX-HNL may not work. I'm speculating here, mind.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
It's possible that the LAX-HNL BA codeshares are only bookable when connecting to a route served by BA (e.g LHR-LAX-HNL). JFK-LAX-HNL may not work. I'm speculating here, mind.
I believe your speculation is correct.

BA codes within USA are normally only available when connecting to/from real BA flights.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Calchas
I believe your speculation is correct.

BA codes within USA are normally only available when connecting to/from real BA flights.
if I have a stopover in JFK, it is not possible to have BA code?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pbd456
if I have a stopover in JFK, it is not possible to have BA code?
Correct. If you want LAX-HNL to be a BA flight number, you cannot stop in JFK. You'd have to do LHR-LAX instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.