Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CX: Ord/JFK/EWR-MLE $1770-1900; mixed PE and J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX: Ord/JFK/EWR-MLE $1770-1900; mixed PE and J

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wolfeman27
Long Train Runnin and puchalskir - were you able to confirm an upgrade to J? (or not interested / haven't tried)
I mean I wouldn't say I'm not interested. Obviously I'd rather fly J then W, but I don't have any CX miles, so I haven't tried to move up. Although in a way I'm looking forward to trying the PE. I have done JFK-HKG in Y, J and F so now I'll have tried all 4 options.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
All showing as PE now.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
I mean I wouldn't say I'm not interested. Obviously I'd rather fly J then W, but I don't have any CX miles, so I haven't tried to move up. Although in a way I'm looking forward to trying the PE. I have done JFK-HKG in Y, J and F so now I'll have tried all 4 options.
Fair point! I was on the fence about transferring AMEX to CX
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wolfeman27
Long Train Runnin and puchalskir - were you able to confirm an upgrade to J? (or not interested / haven't tried)
Haven't tried. Didn't really think I could with AA miles.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 50+, Hyatt Diamond, United Gold
FWIW, there are dates available in December as well. Can get JFK-YVR-HKG-MLE RT to price for Mon, Weds and Thurs December departures with Dec/Jan returns.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:11 pm

Looks like it's about 50k miles as MVP Gold.

That looks pretty amazing. Might have to pull the trigger on this. 2 of these for MVP Gold and just about enough miles for a round trip business to Australia on Qantas.

Last edited by shuom; Mar 9, 2017 at 8:17 pm
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Pulled the trigger on a pair of these in mid-June. ORD>MLE>HKG>ORD. Scheduled a week in MLE and another 5 days HKG as a stopover.

There's two different aircraft flying the HKH>MLE route, one of which books your PE/R seat into I. Considering the 6.5 trip, the bump to biz is nice for $1,790 each.

On waitlist for ORD>HKG and return. At 45k rt for R>I, as opposed to 27.5k each way, I opined that perhaps both would come through the same day. Agent just laughed. Yeah, I know, but optimism is all I got...
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA IHG Hilton Marriott SPG
Originally Posted by Snuggs
Pulled the trigger on a pair of these in mid-June. ORD>MLE>HKG>ORD. Scheduled a week in MLE and another 5 days HKG as a stopover.

There's two different aircraft flying the HKH>MLE route, one of which books your PE/R seat into I. Considering the 6.5 trip, the bump to biz is nice for $1,790 each.

On waitlist for ORD>HKG and return. At 45k rt for R>I, as opposed to 27.5k each way, I opined that perhaps both would come through the same day. Agent just laughed. Yeah, I know, but optimism is all I got...

How did you book the ticket? Thro CX or other? and the waitlist? Don't know your exact dates but Expert Flyer shows plenty of I seats. I want to do same thing June 30-July 9. Thx.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 3:37 pm

Booked thru CX. Their website wasn't pulling my address through correctly (from AsiaMiles), so had to call to purchase (No fee). When I asked the CX agent about upgrades from R (PE) on the TPAC, said to call AsiaMiles to inquire, and if not available, to ask for waitlist. Agent kindly suggested that since I said I had no AsiaMiles, to hold off until the upgrade cleared to transferring miles in (from Amex).

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to find my Expert Flyer log-in.....
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Cx

i couldn't book direct through CX as it doubled the price, what dates did you get?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:27 pm

I'm going June 13 > June 26.

On CX website, I tried Jun 29 and return July 8. $1,763. This departure date uses AA to LAX, and an overnight. Leave on Jun 27 to go ORD>HKG non stop, and get the free bump to I HKG > MLE.

The Jun 29 departure does get you HKG>MLE in I. After you choose your date, and CX shows you flts, make sure you select to show all. The return from HKG>ORD on 7/9 only initially populates HKG>LAX/SFO>ORD. Selecting all flts shows you non stop, and it's about $10 more.

CX doesn't fly everyday from HKG > MLE, and it uses different aircraft. One w 3 classes and one w 2. Gte a two class ac and get a free bump to I.

Just play w it. Google Flts is not showing all of the cheap departures.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I have been saving miles for 2 years to be able to do 2 CX J (or F) ORD-MLE, and here it is for only $1,700 to buy...it almost defeats the purpose (of mile hunting) for me at that price.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by BThumme
I have been saving miles for 2 years to be able to do 2 CX J (or F) ORD-MLE, and here it is for only $1,700 to buy...it almost defeats the purpose (of mile hunting) for me at that price.
You do realize this is a PE and J combo fare. The long haul 14+ hours will be in PE.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Struggling to find a site that prices out for Friday to Sunday trips, can anyone help out? Maybe it's a combo that just won't work.

Last edited by Lavezzi; Mar 24, 2017 at 2:22 pm
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Lavezzi
Struggling to find a site that prices out for Friday to Sunday trips, can anyone help out? Maybe it's a combo that just won't work.
I didn't see anything in that fare for those days. Need to go Thursday or Monday. I did find fares avail on CX website for days that Google Flights wasn't reporting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.