Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF: YVR/YYZ/YUL-CDG-HKG - $1340 in PE rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

I found this while looking for a good way to take advantage of the Amex offer for 20k MR points after $1000 spend on AF. This is my first time posting a deal, so pardon me if it's not up to scratch!

HKG on AF in PE (fare code A) departing and returning from/to any of YVR/YYZ/YUL, which is between 18,824 and 21,818 miles, depending. There is scattered availability throughout the year except for during July and August. (Example.)

If you're returning to YYZ, you can sometimes connect at JFK for about $25 more. (Example.)
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Do it 2x and you'd almost have Alaska MVP-Gold for about $2,600, plus the miles and AMEX miles. Not a bad deal if you look at it from that perspective.

Last edited by atourgates; Mar 6, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:17 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Does this price out on airfrance.us? The Amex 20k promo is only for online/app booking and phone booking is excluded. The last time I tried, any non-US origin airport cannot be booked on airfrance.us
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jix
Does this price out on airfrance.us? The Amex 20k promo is only for online/app booking and phone booking is excluded. The last time I tried, any non-US origin airport cannot be booked on airfrance.us
Most options price out fine at airfrance.us. The website will take YVR/YUL as departure cities and YVR/YUL/YYZ as arrival cities in a multi-destination search. Just departing from YYZ is disallowed for some reason.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 6:18 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by qupasyd
Most options price out fine at airfrance.us. The website will take YVR/YUL as departure cities and YVR/YUL/YYZ as arrival cities in a multi-destination search. Just departing from YYZ is disallowed for some reason.
Ah found it thanks, I guess YUL works then.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: FB platinum, M&S elite+, M&B gold
Depending on the date, you get to experience AF new PE on 787 for the CDG-YUL leg
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: AS 75K
Has anyone been successful booking it with a CDG stopover?
The fare basis allows for 2 free stopovers but every time I try it bumps up to a higher PE fare class.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: MR, HH, DL, ALK
Searching November (af.us), I can find similar fares, however, the first leg starting from YVR is KL metal connecting through AMS with a hop to CDG and then continuing on AF. Same nonsense on the way back...
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by Seattlite
Searching November (af.us), I can find similar fares, however, the first leg starting from YVR is KL metal connecting through AMS with a hop to CDG and then continuing on AF. Same nonsense on the way back...
Not always! For instance, May 10 to May 14 is YVR AF CDG AF HKG and back, bookable at af.us

https://goo.gl/flights/bZLB
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by arcticbull
Not always! For instance, May 10 to May 14 is YVR AF CDG AF HKG and back, bookable at af.us

https://goo.gl/flights/bZLB
he's searching for november...
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:07 am

Also works for PEK and PVG
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:56 am

Good find, looks like Finnair has $2457 for business class
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by shuttlerider
Has anyone been successful booking it with a CDG stopover?
The fare basis allows for 2 free stopovers but every time I try it bumps up to a higher PE fare class.
+1. Same question. This would be interesting if a free stopover is allowed at CDG in either/both directions. Anyone has the fare rules?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
I had a similar issue a couple of years ago with a Z fare, the rules of which indicated a CDG stopover was allowed. Trying to do this online was futile. Always kept getting a higher fare. Had to call and they were, eventually, able to book what I wanted at the lower fare.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS mostly
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
+1. Same question. This would be interesting if a free stopover is allowed at CDG in either/both directions. Anyone has the fare rules?
Seems to be possible, both on google and AF. you just have to pick the right dates.

https://www.google.com/flights/?sour...AF;s=,,,0;eo=e

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.