Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ba wtp+ yvr-cpt-ord ~ $1289usd

Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K

Great find over Memorial Day Weekend. Almost $700 cheaper by starting in YVR so simply cashed in 25K miles for an ORD-YVR positioning flight on UA.

21,997 miles in total. Books into "T" on BA so EQD's calculated at 20% of miles flown. EQM's calculated as 150% of miles flown. So roughly 33K EQM's and 4,400 EQD's. Fare was discounted $130 by using my AARP membership and booking through their BA portal.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:44 pm

You got the AARP discount to apply on a flight leaving from Canada?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA GOLD
How does one use the AARP discount flying out of Vancouver? I don't see it in the drop down.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
When I logged into the AARP site I used the link to tha BA Portal that showed the it was the discounted BA site in the upper right corner. When I compared the regular BA.com pricing with what I booked through the portal it comes up with a $130 discount.

As far as booking this, I used the Multi-City search and changed the departure country to Canada and Vancouver was then available in the drop down pick-list. I used YVR-JNB then JNB-CPT, CPT-JNB and finally JNB-ORD. Came out several hundred dollars lower than booking a straight ORD-CPT roundtrip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.