Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qr: Hbe-sin $1,068 rt

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Danusa86
Considering booking this as part of a TPs run, 760 TPs for around €1600, seems decent to me.

Question is: I've found flights to position at Alexandria.

Turkish arriving at 2 AM and QR flight leaving at 10 AM the same morning, do you reckon this would be good enough?

And where to spend those 7-8 hours? at the airport or anybody knows a hotel nearby?
There's an airport cafe outside, but not sure if it'll be open during the early hours. Also, remember that once you leave the terminal (and across the street/gates) you won't be allowed back into the terminal area until 3-4 hours before departure. Your best option might be to find a bench after you pass the baggage/customs security and nap for a few hours, IF they allow it. Then maybe check out Alexandria early in the morning, which is about a 45 minute drive, since they're doing lots of construction on the main road.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:24 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

HBE looks nice from the outside, but just like many newer Chinese airports, it's a letdown once you enter (e.g. those who consider the entire restroom as their ashtray, lounges were a joke, food generally is no good, pieces of the tiles were missing, et al.).

Also, if you wanted to get a look at downtown Alexandria, figure at least a 45-50 minute drive one-way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.