Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LX Business NY holiday Cai-Sin 1427$

LX Business NY holiday Cai-Sin 1427$

Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Exclamation LX Business NY holiday Cai-Sin 1427$

https://www.kayak.com/flights/CAI-SI...xible/business

You can enjoy Swiss business during NY holidays just for 1427$ and came back to EU.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Really good deal; not worth it for me to trek all the way out to CAI just to backtrack to ZRH though. By the way, there's lots of other, cheaper deals in that link you posted above, including Ethiopian and Oman Air.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
Really good deal; not worth it for me to trek all the way out to CAI just to backtrack to ZRH though. By the way, there's lots of other, cheaper deals in that link you posted above, including Ethiopian and Oman Air.
Yes , of course, but the most interesting Swiss.
And you back to ZRH, not to ADD
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
This route in reverse is bringing up Saudia for $865. Not a great airline or connection times, but can't beat the price.

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...SIN1SV836;sc=b
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Yes there are cheaper (rubbish) airlines out there, but most people will be clicking the link to this thread because LX is in the title. They want to fly LX. Nice find OP, thank you.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:38 pm

Also Beijing, btw.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
how many miles would it be to upgrade one way to F?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Ethiopian is a P fare, so doesn't credit to most *A programs. Oman Air is non-alliance, so only has a very limited usefulness for people chasing cheap premium mileage runs. LX on the other hand is a top notch airline and the fare will credit as a premium fare to any *A program. TK is in there as well, also a nice *A option.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:17 pm

Also keep in mind that Swiss flies an A320 in regional configuration to CAI. Dreadful 4 hours in an economy seat.
BA at least has lay flats on some of their 321s.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA MP - 1K
This deal ex-CAI is always available, SIN has the best biz fares to any Asian LX destination, BKK and HKG also available.
Best part is, LX uses their new 777 to these three Asian cities!

Great way to earn a ton of Star Alliance miles as well, if you'd credit to United MP, this RT fare to SIN would earn you approx 32k status miles!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LX is probably also a P fare which means it will only credit as 100% at Miles & More. Didn't know Ethiopian and Oman were considered "rubbish" airlines, I have tried neither. But I'm always interested in trying something new!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:09 am

I flew Ethiopian last fall: seat dated, armrest falling apart, table smeared with earlier passengers' food. I didn't see any rubbish though.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:05 am

LX is probably also a P fare which means it will only credit as 100% at Miles & More.
100% on AP too. Fantastic fare on great airline though.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
LX is probably also a P fare which means it will only credit as 100% at Miles & More. Didn't know Ethiopian and Oman were considered "rubbish" airlines, I have tried neither. But I'm always interested in trying something new!
You're right, neither are rubbish, but the lack of mileage earning is a problem for most Flyertalkers. Of course both earn miles somewhere, but neither in anything mainstream. (All other ET business fares earn across Star Alliance, just not P fares.)

I'd venture to say that whoever posted the rubbish comment has never flown with them. Since ET got the ratty old 767's cycled out they have been quite good. Flatbed business now on all 777 (both 200 and 300) and a fair few 787s, A350's coming on line now as well. WY (Oman) also is a very highly regarded carrier who it would be great to get into an alliance.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, totally understand and agree re mileage earning. Personally, I'm tending to move away from FF loyalty towards a best price / most convenient approach, which leaves me the possibility to spread my wings and try other airlines and experiences. Doesn't detract that this is an excellent fare on a great (my preferred) airline, namely SWISS. If I needed to go to either destination I would be onto it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.