Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: SJU-LAX-SJU and vv. for $730 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: SJU-LAX-SJU and vv. for $730 r/t

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Light Travellers
Apologies for the typo it should have been 1% with BOA. 3% is for fuel.
I have tried google.us but it reverts to .co.uk
Try Google.com/ncr
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:27 pm

Partial Refund Quote

We booked LAX-JFK for the tail end of one trip in March and JFK-SJU for the opening leg of another trip in the Fall. W/ the cancellation of all AA JFK-SJUs, the only option is connecting, which the large family w/ little kids doesn't care to do. AA says if the connection doesn't work then the only option is a partial refund. Since we flew the first leg, it won't be a full refund, but AA won't quote us the amount of partial refund until they send us the check. Any suggestions on what to do? I can understand that they chose to cancel flights, but it seems unreasonable that they won't detail the options available to me to rectify the situation.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: AA,DL
Originally Posted by OldNewYorker
We booked LAX-JFK for the tail end of one trip in March and JFK-SJU for the opening leg of another trip in the Fall. W/ the cancellation of all AA JFK-SJUs, the only option is connecting, which the large family w/ little kids doesn't care to do. AA says if the connection doesn't work then the only option is a partial refund. Since we flew the first leg, it won't be a full refund, but AA won't quote us the amount of partial refund until they send us the check. Any suggestions on what to do? I can understand that they chose to cancel flights, but it seems unreasonable that they won't detail the options available to me to rectify the situation.
yea JFK SJU is a route AA has flown for a long time things change. Surprised to see it go.

What more then taking the partial refund do you want? So a connection is out so what else can they do. Has to the amount of refund Im guessing the phone agent can't figure it out and has to be done in accounting. B6 and DL fly direct if a connections is a no go. GL
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: QF LTG
If you want to go to SJU then ask to be accommodated on DL free of charge. If you would rather abandon the trip then just take the refund, a supervisor should be able to calculate the amount and let you know
Old May 27, 2017, 10:16 am

Thank You

Just wanted to say thank you to the OP and this entire forum. Just completed my first leg of my Memorial Weekend mileage run.

CLT-SJU-CLT-PHX-CLT-SJU-JFK-LAX-JFK-SJU-MIA-CLT

A few days sprinkled in the middle for R&R at the beach.

All in first/business.
Old May 28, 2017, 1:01 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Seems to be still available as I found some dates in Sept FOR $723 getting the 77W both ways LAX-MIA-LAX. Also, available midweek thru AAVacations for about $800 with a one night stand in San Juan. That should generate about 1300 EQD's.

Last edited by rbAA; May 30, 2017 at 9:11 pm
Old May 31, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: AA EXP x 1.5, DL GM, JB, HH GLD
Originally Posted by rbAA
Seems to be still available as I found some dates in Sept FOR $723 getting the 77W both ways LAX-MIA-LAX. Also, available midweek thru AAVacations for about $800 with a one night stand in San Juan. That should generate about 1300 EQD's.

Please post a link to GF with the dates, as I have been searching in vain to get the 777W to work with this fare. September would be great. Thanks.
Old May 31, 2017, 5:54 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Check midweek. I saw 9/18 out return 9/19. But that was the day I posted. Wweekends are higher.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Check midweek. I saw 9/18 out return 9/19. But that was the day I posted. Wweekends are higher.

Cool thanks. Got this.

https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...275;sc=b;c=MIA
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:15 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
just booked SJU-LAX for $365 o/w. Books into D. 77W on the MIA-LAX sector. Routings via JFK also possible.

The fare is also available for $730 r/t and you can also begin in LAX instead (LAX-SJU-LAX) if positioning to LAX is easier for folks.

Fare is available on Tues / Weds going out through the end of the year. Same day turnaround is possible. Not SUPER cheap, but... cheaper than the PTY fares right now. And MIA-SJU is only 60 miles shorter than MIA-LIR, so that's basically a push. With 7-8 daily flights between MIA and SJU, versus 2 daily flights between MIA and LIR, this may create more attractive combinations for some folks.
Great spot - thanks PurdueFlyer - might have just saved my OWE with this one - Managed to blag a SJU-LAX on Sept 12 - with the return via CLT - for those extra 40TP's to retain my BA Gold this year. Not bad for $723 with the MIA-LAX booked into the 77W.
I had been searching for an ex MIA or ex PHL mileage (TP) run before end of September and this has worked perfectly - thanks Flyertalk ^^
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:06 pm

with a one night stand in San Juan
I didn't know AA Vacations was in that business...
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
Great spot - thanks PurdueFlyer
You're welcome
Glad this is still around, in some form or fashion. I'm tempted to bag another one of these myself, I need MQD's and Qatar hasn't had anything good lately. lol.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:08 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
You're welcome
Glad this is still around, in some form or fashion. I'm tempted to bag another one of these myself, I need MQD's and Qatar hasn't had anything good lately. lol.
I looked at some other dates for a friend of mine who wants to do it. Plenty available for some random dates in October, so fill your boots!! Tempting myself as my earning year starts October 8th. Aha.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
I didn't know AA Vacations was in that business...
AAnything for the Benjamins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.