Qr: Sof - bkk £850

Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Qr: Sof - bkk £850

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...sc=b;q=flights

Sample dates as per the link. Books into R
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: BAEC gold
Great fare!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Great fare, has been around for a while though. Note that SOF-DOH is on A320s

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...r1000-r-t.html

Last edited by florens; Dec 28, 2016 at 12:07 am Reason: Clickable link
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Is the SOF-DOH leg a lie flat seat on a narrow body plane (like BUD-DOH) or is it actually a recliner?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Is the SOF-DOH leg a lie flat seat on a narrow body plane (like BUD-DOH) or is it actually a recliner?
For what it's worth, when I did it 2 years ago it was a recliner that was fine for a four hour twenty minute flight. The catering was also very good. I don't know whether the QR A320s have been enhanced to provide lie flat seats since then.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I'm seeing mixed comments most stating that the reconfigured 320s with flat seats are on the 5+ hour sectors.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I'm seeing mixed comments most stating that the reconfigured 320s with flat seats are on the 5+ hour sectors.
Yea I checked and all flights the last 7 days used non flat bed configured A320s.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Thanks for this find. I'm close to booking early march for me and the missus, but considering my positioning options out of CPH.

WizzAir flies direct, scheduled to land at 18:30 and QR flight departs 19:50.

Does anyone here have experience with SOF/positioning with Wizz? Is 1:20 enough time for check-in, and getting through security or is this switch too risky?

Also would I be missing out on any considerable Biz-lounge experience in SOF?

Any advice/opinions greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Thanks for this find. I'm close to booking early march for me and the missus, but considering my positioning options out of CPH.

Does anyone here have experience with SOF/positioning with Wizz? Is 1:20 enough time for check-in, and getting through security or is this switch too risky?

A QR Sale starts 09 JAN, so maybe you want to wait and see what the sale will offer?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

Given Wizzair's p*ss poor time keeping, there's no way I'd risk this, even without baggage.

If you miss it, QR will likely not be interested in putting you on another flight.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll check out the QR sale in a couple of days, and if I end up going I'll head to SOF early
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:05 pm

Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll check out the QR sale in a couple of days, and if I end up going I'll head to SOF early
Security is not a problem at T2, if all on schedule, you'll have plenty of time.

I wouldn't risk it though. Sofia is cheap.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA

Not really -- the lounges at SOF are fairly basic, the only thing to highlight there is the freshly squeezed orange juice.

Still, wouldn't risk it and would look into alternatives to the wizz air flight.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb

Definitely too risky given you'd be on two different tickets and the incoming is on a low cost carrier.

Why not go 1-2 days earlier; Sofia is worth a visit.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by a9504477
Definitely too risky given you'd be on two different tickets and the incoming is on a low cost carrier.

Why not go 1-2 days earlier; Sofia is worth a visit.
and hotels are not expensive either

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.