Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

VS LAX-JNB in PE for $1424

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:04 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

I've never seen PE this cheap as it usually hovers around $1700RT.

You can credit to DL for 150% of mileage flown, too!

Quite a few dates from 2 weeks out until Nov 2017.

It's on the 787, too.

$1424RT is quite nice!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Works from SFO, MIA, BOS too. MIA/BOS can be had for even ~$1350.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by deovrat
Works from SFO, MIA, BOS too. MIA/BOS can be had for even ~$1350.
Just AWESOME!!!! ^^^
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:07 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

These fares are still around through Dec 2017.

If you credit to DL it becomes 2.8cpm for the RDMs if you are DM with the 120% bonus.

ANd by spending $1424 you actually get 25% of the distance flown credited as EQDs....23,000 miles x.25 = $5,750 EQDS!!!!!!

RDMS are a little over 56,000.

This is a great way to get closer to the EQD DM threshold!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:32 am

Booked LAX-JNB over Thanksgiving weekend for $1414. Now I have 23 hours to determine whether or not it is worth the cost to spend 3 days in JNB. SA has never been very high on my to-do list, but I it is definitely there. And 20 hours in PE sounds a lot better than 20 hours in Y, which is how I normally travel.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by downinit
Booked LAX-JNB over Thanksgiving weekend for $1414. Now I have 23 hours to determine whether or not it is worth the cost to spend 3 days in JNB. SA has never been very high on my to-do list, but I it is definitely there. And 20 hours in PE sounds a lot better than 20 hours in Y, which is how I normally travel.
If you've never been to SA, cross it off your bucket list....people are charming; it is scenic; there's a lot of petty crime but not in the hotels. With three days, you could book a cheap sightseeing safari for a day or two. I've done several of these over the years to get miles when I'm short. Coach is miserable; PE is doable and not THAT bad!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:50 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

2 words: Lion Park.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by 355F1
2 words: Lion Park.
Not bad for a short trip. Even better is to rent a car, and spend a week at Kruger National Park. Amazing place to see wildlife in a natural setting. So good that I spent over two weeks there on my last trip to JNB.

Fare sounds like a great deal!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:01 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Not bad for a short trip. Even better is to rent a car, and spend a week at Kruger National Park. Amazing place to see wildlife in a natural setting. So good that I spent over two weeks there on my last trip to JNB.

Fare sounds like a great deal!
He said he was only there for 23 hours.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: AS Gold
Works from SEA, too.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:44 am

Looks like I will be spending Turkey day weekend in JNB. I am not sure if I should thank or curse the OP. It's a great find, but this is my fourth transoceanic trip planned for the year, and I really need to stay away from this website. It is a very good time to be buying intl airfare, so I may as well exploit it for every hour of vacation time that I have.

Now, I just need to decide which pseudo safari to book. Lion Park looks interesting, but there appear to be a few whole day trips to the nature reserves as well. I arrive Friday morning and leave Sunday night, so time is not my friend (it never is).
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Lounge Access for Skyteam Elite Plus statu?

VX is not a Skyteam member airline, but does have a close partnership with Delta.

Anyone know if Delta flyers with Skyteam elite plus status (a Delta Gold and up), can access a lounge in LHR or JNB?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie
VX is not a Skyteam member airline, but does have a close partnership with Delta.

Anyone know if Delta flyers with Skyteam elite plus status (a Delta Gold and up), can access a lounge in LHR or JNB?
I guess the short answer is no. As a diamond you can access Clubhouse lounge in LGW but not LHR. It didn't mention about JNB so I guess that's a no as well. Here's a FAQ I pulled from DL website.

Do I have Access to Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Lounges?
Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounge access is available at select locations to Delta One™ passengers, Upper Class passengers, and Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members with a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight between North America and the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic. Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members may access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses in London-Gatwick, New York-JFK, Newark, Washington-Dulles, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco Airports. Gold Medallion Members may only access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses within the U.S. (New York-JFK, Newark, Washington-Dulles, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco Airports). Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members are allowed to bring one guest. While access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in London-Heathrow is not available to Diamond, Platinum, or Gold Medallion Members, these Members may enjoy access to No1 Lounges, Heathrow at LHR’s Terminal 3. Please travel with and be prepared to show proof of your Medallion status to the Virgin Atlantic representative to receive these benefits.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Looks like I will be spending Turkey day weekend in JNB. I am not sure if I should thank or curse the OP. It's a great find, but this is my fourth transoceanic trip planned for the year, and I really need to stay away from this website. It is a very good time to be buying intl airfare, so I may as well exploit it for every hour of vacation time that I have.

Now, I just need to decide which pseudo safari to book. Lion Park looks interesting, but there appear to be a few whole day trips to the nature reserves as well. I arrive Friday morning and leave Sunday night, so time is not my friend (it never is).
http://www.pilanesbergnationalpark.org

If I recall correctly I used Thorntree tours and Safari's. www.thorntreetoursandsafaris.co.za

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.