BA ZRH-SIN (Premium Economy) $599 Weekend Same-Day Turns 2.88 CPM

Subscribe
Yeah I know it isn't glamorous, but the earnings are crazy good and positioning should be pretty easy for a lot of members. The real value here is the high EQD earning. This gets you 4.67 EQDs per actual dollar spent. That is by far the highest I have seen on any fare. Five of these would get you AA EXP/OWE for nearly two years, and for less than $3K.

https://goo.gl/flights/LU3M

Works from both GVA and ZRH but does not appear to work in reverse ex-SIN. Saturday evening departures from ZRH/GVA get you back to ZRH/GVA first thing Monday morning. The short leg (ZRH-LHR) books into Economy(K) but the longer one (LHR-SIN) books into Premium Economy(T).

According to the AA chart, earnings on AA would work as follows:

GVA-LHR 470 * 2 = 940 flown miles
Economy(K) Base miles are 50% of miles flown. EQM are 0.50 of miles flown, and EQD are 10% of miles flown, so:

GVA-LHR
EQM = 940 * 0.5 = 470
EQD = 940 * 0.10 = 94

LHR-SIN 6765 * 2 = 13530 flown miles
Premium Economy(T) Base miles are 100% of miles flown. EQM are 1.50 of miles flown, and EQD are 20% of miles flown, so:

LHR-SIN
EQM = 13530 * 1.5 = 20295
EQD = 13530 * 0.2 = 2706

Each trip Total EQM 20765, Total EQD 2800

2.88 CPM

I didn't add the RDMs because everybody has different elite earnings levels. Also not sure how this would do with BAEC as I haven't used that earning structure. Hope somebody else finds this as valuable as I did.
Thanks for this post Nick - needed a C2-C3 RT and this'll do it quite nicely - booked!
Great find and I booked too. Basel works as well and I upgraded to CW via Avios.
Quote: Great find and I booked too. Basel works as well and I upgraded to CW via Avios.
What did this cost you in Avios each direction?
Quote: What did this cost you in Avios each direction?
Should be 35,000 for peak and 42,000 for off-peak. The fact that it costs more to upgrade during the off-peak period is crazy.
OW 40000 Avios. On my return no availability yet.
Quote: Great find and I booked too. Basel works as well and I upgraded to CW via Avios.
how many Avios to upgrade?
dont forget the triple avios promotion! Would mean for BA Gold Member around 60k Avios for the return.

And cheat the system: triple miles offer is just valid for the first 8 sectors. Dont burn 2 Segments on these Eco short haul flights and therefore fly without your BA Number and make a retro claim for these miles in April ;-)
Quote: dont forget the triple avios promotion! Would mean for BA Gold Member around 60k Avios for the return.

And cheat the system: triple miles offer is just valid for the first 8 sectors. Dont burn 2 Segments on these Eco short haul flights and therefore fly without your BA Number and make a retro claim for these miles in April ;-)
57944 for GVA-LHR-SIN rtn by my maths, which given the price is hard to miss. Shame there are no dates in march to UUA.
Is this triple Avios promotion also available to the East? Thought as previously only on Trans-Atlantic routes. Thanks for feedback.
Ok. Clearly stated on the promotion page: on every BA flight you take...

Thank you
Quote: Is this triple Avios promotion also available to the East? Thought as previously only on Trans-Atlantic routes. Thanks for feedback.
I left the triple Avios promo out of my original post because my initial understanding was the same as yours. But after reading again here, I think the TransAtlantic part they are referring to is just for AA, IB, and AY codeshares between Europe and North America that are ticketed as BA.

Their language from FAQs:

'Do I get triple Avios on other airlines?

Yes, you will receive triple Avios when you fly with our partners American Airlines, Finnair and Iberia, only on flights between Europe and North America and where the flight has a BA prefix flight number.

You will also receive triple Avios on all domestic and regional BA (operated by Comair) flights within southern Africa.

Reward flights are excluded
.'

Also, other sentences on that page seem pretty clear as to the global applicability:

'For a limited period only, you will receive triple the Avios you’d normally collect on every British Airways flight you take, including flights with a BA flight number between Europe and North America with our airline partners American Airlines, Finnair and Iberia.'

One very important point to note is that you may need to be registered for the promotion BEFORE booking to make sure it posts correctly.
Great fare OP.

Anybody know if this is one of these new Dual Inventory fares? Would like to see if could use GUF on it.

Thanks
Even as a no-status member this will earn you 40k BA-miles with the triple promotion, thanks for the tip!
Quote: Great fare OP.

Anybody know if this is one of these new Dual Inventory fares? Would like to see if could use GUF on it.

Thanks
That is a crazy price. And I thought I did well last year picking up a CPH-PEK WTP fare (then using GUF1 to CW) for 660GBP ...

This one shows up on a matrix.itasoftware search as a fare code of TLNCSALE - so should be fine to use with a GUF1/2

Also from the fare rules in case helpful:

PERMITTED 04JAN 17 THROUGH 28MAR 17 OR 08SEP 17 THROUGH
30NOV 17 ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO
EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST
INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE ON/AFTER 04JAN 17 AND ON/BEFORE
01FEB 17.
CANCELLATIONS
ANY TIME
TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
NOTE -
FARE COMPONENT IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
CHANGES
ANY TIME
CHARGE EUR 180.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.