AZ: CAI-MEX $1252 rt Business Class via Rome

Subscribe
Bookable on Alitalia Egyptian website

My dates were Oct 19th - 26th at $1252 RT.
Alitalia metal all the way.
Quote: Bookable on Alitalia Egyptian website

My dates were Oct 19th - 26th at $1252 RT.
Alitalia metal all the way.
Ohh who here wants to book with AZ
Quote: Ohh who here wants to book with AZ
I'm giving them a crack, I like to keep an open mind, I hear good things have happened with AZ since EY took over. It could not be any worse than the American, United, Delta rubbish that the Yanks are subjected to LOL. I just booked September dates, also got the fare at $1252 or EGP 23000, thanks for the heads-up OP
The fare is good, no doubt, but AZ biz class is..well..the most underwhelming out there.
The seat itself is ok, but everything else is weird. The IFE is straight out of the 80's, the food is barely edible, the service pretty lousy. Go for the seat, but not for the experience. At least AA or DL biz class is waaaay better
Quote: The fare is good, no doubt, but AZ biz class is..well..the most underwhelming out there.
The seat itself is ok, but everything else is weird. The IFE is straight out of the 80's, the food is barely edible, the service pretty lousy. Go for the seat, but not for the experience. At least AA or DL biz class is waaaay better
And you base this on flying AZ how many times?

I ask because it is the opposite of my experiences or that of some others.
110% agree with henkybaby
Quote: 110% agree with henkybaby
me too ... had two long haul AZ segments recently, lounge in FCO was great, service on board very attentive, food delicious and the seat in this 1-2-1 business class configuration very comfortable.

and AZ biz flights you earn 200% mileage
2 times during the last month.
Maybe the product is slightly different on A330... I flew B777 both times.
The food is a matter of taste, of course; i hate italian food in general, but everything that has been served on board was just plain awful. The wine selection is alright.
The fact that the IFE is ancient cant be denied though (it's totally different from what's in Lucky's blog).

Quote: And you base this on flying AZ how many times?

I ask because it is the opposite of my experiences or that of some others.
Quote: 2 times during the last month.
Maybe the product is slightly different on A330... I flew B777 both times.
The food is a matter of taste, of course; i hate italian food in general, but everything that has been served on board was just plain awful. The wine selection is alright.
The fact that the IFE is ancient cant be denied though (it's totally different from what's in Lucky's blog).
i happen to dislike many things about AZ, not least they have the most incompetent back office in Europe, but genuinely cannot agree with any of your comments. Their long haul J is one of the best around, seat and cabin excellent (772 and 332 largely similar in staggered 1-2-1 config and extremely private), food is one of the best around and I would find it odd that someone who know they personally 'hate Italian food in general' would dismiss it as inedible when they see the obvious quality, care, and originality of the dishes (and this is by no means your bog standard 'Italian' restaurant food).
AZ probably has the top hard and soft long haul J product from all European and North American carriers in my view, along with AA. I have done BA and IB (ok) and AC, DL, and VA (hated all three)...
Would be nice coming back to MEX, must be 4 years ago.

There is, however, a risk of beeing re-directed from FCO to DUS, though.

Based on 5 booking experiences in the last 4 weeks
Nice deal. I have been on AZ just twice and is a good product, since i fly from America to Europe i can compare it Lan (Latam Chile), Tam (Latam Brasil) and BA... on similar routes.

The seats are good, i like more the seats into the new Latam Cabins (787 or 350) since i travel 9 out of 10 with my wife, if i was by my self the solo seats on the AZ maybe a better option, i will have to say that if i had to choose a 777 on JJ or AZ i will take the AZ one...BA no way!!! I still renember when i walk to the seat that i checked twice if that was my seat, i really thinked it was a great premium eco...but not just a small J seat.

Food BA is the best out of this airlines for me. I have to say that will depend on each tastes but for me BA is 1 and then AZ, now much of this will be because the food options that i was given by BA where closer to what i will order on a restaurant.... Sorry JJ and LA the quality as been down since they merged.

Entertainment i will say that from my last Fly with Latam (shared system and options) was crazy good, i mean my and my wife where tired after tons of endless walks, but we board the plane and they where so many good movies that we sleep about 4 hours. BA has also good options but i didnt like the monitor (didnt like anything about the seat) and Alitalia did have good options but thet where less, but more than OK to live for a 10 to 12 hour fly.