Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
So I went to have a look at my booking tonight on the WY website and under the 'view booking' tab I now get the following error:

Yesterday it showed a box to click to view the e-ticket, but today nothing.

The 'manage booking' function still shows the itinerary, as does CityJet. Trip case allows me to view the e-ticket.

The only thing that changed since yesterday is that I played around on the CityJet site and finally got the seat map to activate to allow me to select a seat, which I did. Wonder if that has somehow caused the error on the WY site?

Anyone else have the same error?
I could never access the change ticket portion of the website but today it worked. Think its just issues with the WY website. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I could never access the change ticket portion of the website but today it worked. Think its just issues with the WY website. I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks.

8 hours later and the MMB functionality has been restored. Which is comforting!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
No. It's all OK on mine. I'm flying in a few weeks. Does anyone know if checked in luggage will go all the way through to NCL given the last leg is CityJet?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
No. It's all OK on mine. I'm flying in a few weeks. Does anyone know if checked in luggage will go all the way through to NCL given the last leg is CityJet?
Yes they will check it through.

They will also give you US$180 as compensation when they lose it for 3 days somewhere in CDG enroute....

Also they will put you in the CDG airport Sheraton with dinner and breakfast when the MCT-CDG flight leaves late and they decide 45mins is too tight a connecction for them to be bothered with...

My return trip is tomorrow. Hoping things go a little better on the way back
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have had it checked through every time. Three trips now.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmdsea
Yes they will check it through.

They will also give you US$180 as compensation when they lose it for 3 days somewhere in CDG enroute....

Also they will put you in the CDG airport Sheraton with dinner and breakfast when the MCT-CDG flight leaves late and they decide 45mins is too tight a connecction for them to be bothered with...

My return trip is tomorrow. Hoping things go a little better on the way back
That's kind of reassuring (the hotel that is)

Although I'm hoping if the delay ex MCT is known about in advance I will be able to go for a reroute direct MCT-MAN which is actually where I need to be!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Have had it checked through every time. Three trips now.
Whats Manila Terminal 1 like? Check-in opens three hours before? I was going to book a car for Manila but they want to pick up 4 hours before departure... I'm guessing the traffic at 0345 is probably fairly light. The hotel is only 2 miles from the airport so it might need to be a taxi a bit later if the roads and terminal are quiet at that time of the morning.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Whats Manila Terminal 1 like? Check-in opens three hours before? I was going to book a car for Manila but they want to pick up 4 hours before departure... I'm guessing the traffic at 0345 is probably fairly light. The hotel is only 2 miles from the airport so it might need to be a taxi a bit later if the roads and terminal are quiet at that time of the morning.
I haven't flown this fare ex MNL yet! Just from KUL, BKK and CMB. MCT airport is not a place I would want to be for more then a hour though. Nothing much outside the lounge.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:10 am

Thanks for reporting back. I hope they don't lose my luggage! Did they deliver it to a UK address of your choosing? Are you expecting lounge access at NCL? What was the lounge like in CDG?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Fare is long long gone, pls move to discussion mods.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for reporting back. I hope they don't lose my luggage! Did they deliver it to a UK address of your choosing? Are you expecting lounge access at NCL? What was the lounge like in CDG?
Yeah they will deliver to your home address in the UK. You will get access to the shared lounge in NCL and the AF one in CDG. Both are quite good.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
We were only in Newcastle for 6 hours before taking the overnight ferry to Amsterdam so they flew it KLM to Amsterdam before delivering it to the Amsterdam hotel of my choosing :-)

As an aside, anyone looking for a good meal whilst in Newcastle should check out House of Tides. Excellent value for a michelin starred restaurant and very refreshing and unstuffy service. They coped with us turning up in 2 day old jeans, t-shirts and trainers with remarkable aplomb...

Will report back on NCL and CDG lounges after our flights tomorrow. MCT lounge was ok, the MNL lounge is a dire windowless box....
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmdsea

Will report back on NCL and CDG lounges after our flights tomorrow. MCT lounge was ok, the MNL lounge is a dire windowless box....
How busy was traffic to the airport and security at MNL at that time of the morning? What time should we aim to get there?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:04 am

Has anyone else tried their chauffeur drive? I managed to get confirmation numbers but nothing else - will they reconfirm pick up time nearer the flight date or do you just hope they are there? I e-mailed Oman Air back 2 weeks ago but no reply.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Has anyone else tried their chauffeur drive? I managed to get confirmation numbers but nothing else - will they reconfirm pick up time nearer the flight date or do you just hope they are there? I e-mailed Oman Air back 2 weeks ago but no reply.
They are currently busy dealing with more important stuff like Qatar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.