Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:07 am

I don´t know if its is a really extreme good deal, but if you floogle ( ) for MAD-MNL OW in business for 1190 eur (not shown on ITA tough). Maybe an alternative to get the OW from MNL back to NCL also with Oman Air.

Cheaper alternatives for positioning to MNL are:
IST-MNL (C) 595 eur Kuwait airlines
IST-MNL (I) 620 eur Saudian airlines
FCO-MNL (C) 940 eur Kuwait airlines
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by ttep
Nice, well gamed.
Did that just pop up on expedia for you when you didn't apply a 'direct only' filter?
Actually that cheap MH HKT-SYD fare was posted in these forums some time ago. along with the KUL-MUC RT that linked in with it. I positioned to KUL with a rare UA miles redemption on SQ from SYD-SIN for 40k miles. ))
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by tonirv
I don´t know if its is a really extreme good deal, but if you floogle ( ) for MAD-MNL OW in business for 1190 eur (not shown on ITA tough). Maybe an alternative to get the OW from MNL back to NCL also with Oman Air.

You can knock it down to $375 by going to CAI and fly KU CAI-MNL in J. You can get to CAI cheaply with 1-way A3 fares, usually around $100.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
With 1.5 hours at CDG, what's the likelihood of missing AF flight to NCL? Missing this flight means you won't get to NCL next day until 10:30 next morning, how far is the walk between Terminal 2A(WY) and 2E(AF[CityJet])?

update: problem solved with the following, managed to get CDG stopover, however the 1 way fare goes up to $499, still not bad

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sear...ww.expedia.com

Make sure you have 3 multi-city booking segments, even if you don't plan to do stopover at MCT
This is driving me crazy, I am literally doing exactly what you did and expedia constantly says it's unable to find any fares whenever I try to stop in Paris only. I can price Muscat stops. ARGHHH
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Really tempted to jump in in on this one. Can anyone suggest a good beach resort to visit in Philippines? Read reviews on Boracay and it seems that it's full of drunk backpackers.
I can probably help, Australian who has been posted here for 2yrs.

Boracay is a hole. It has become a bit like Patong with more Europeans and less brothels.

You want to go off the track a little, most of the good destinations are ~$100USD return from Manila.. Do you dive?

Would recommend Bohol first (airport is TAG)... white beaches, clean water, not too busy, and home to these little monkey rat things that live in trees. Horribly ugly but intriguing none the less.

Then check El Nido - flight is to PPS - one of those less discovered SEAsian places. Family & single friendly, pristine. Coron is another beach on that island.

Also worth a look is Dumagete (DGT). Couple of great hotels there on the beach.. 45min boat trip to the whale sharks that you can snorkel/dive with.. 30 min on a boat and you can swim with turtles at a nature sanctuary.
A little resort island just off DGT is called Siquijor. Also very nice.
Cebu the other big one, mactan is where you would stay there, however it's getting a bit overdone with high concentration of Koreans.

The islands are a couple of bright spots in this otherwise dismal country.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:34 am

Thanks for this - IST looks quite good.. what's the difference between "C" business and "I" business? Can anyone advise if they would recommend Kuwait Air as a carrier?

How have you found these? Pls let me know if you come across any more EU to MNL fares! Extremely grateful
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: FB Blue, BA EC Blue, HH, Etihad Silver
Positioning in MNL is also possble from CAI for 361 USD with Kuwait Airways, or for 650 USD with Oman air (prices found on Expedia).

Kuwait Airways doesn't look to promising.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Armodeen
This is driving me crazy, I am literally doing exactly what you did and expedia constantly says it's unable to find any fares whenever I try to stop in Paris only. I can price Muscat stops. ARGHHH
Flights (one-way) aren't available everyday, so, this requires a little bit of work. Test days of entire 1 way for each segment (2-3 days) you plan to fly and make sure that day the flight is available and re-inquire with combination of days.

In my example, I tested Nov 26, Nov 27, and Nov 28. Nov 27 is not available so I have to configure this way

MNL-MCT Nov 26
MCT-CDG Nov 26
CDG-NCL Nov 28

Do not wait, WY may fix and pull it any second, book on Expedia.com right now and you still have 24 hours to change your mind.

Last edited by vincewy; Jan 11, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:12 pm

Thanks for this - IST looks quite good.. what's the difference between "C" business and "I" business? Can anyone advise if they would recommend Kuwait Air as a carrier?

How have you found these? Pls let me know if you come across any more EU to MNL fares! Extremely grateful
The MAD-MNL was found with expedia.
The remaining offers with ita matrix.

I,D,R,Z airfare has some restrictions. J,C,I has less. But it depends (afaik) on the airline aswell.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I can probably help, Australian who has been posted here for 2yrs.

Boracay is a hole. It has become a bit like Patong with more Europeans and less brothels.

You want to go off the track a little, most of the good destinations are ~$100USD return from Manila.. Do you dive?

Would recommend Bohol first (airport is TAG)... white beaches, clean water, not too busy, and home to these little monkey rat things that live in trees. Horribly ugly but intriguing none the less.

Then check El Nido - flight is to PPS - one of those less discovered SEAsian places. Family & single friendly, pristine. Coron is another beach on that island.

Also worth a look is Dumagete (DGT). Couple of great hotels there on the beach.. 45min boat trip to the whale sharks that you can snorkel/dive with.. 30 min on a boat and you can swim with turtles at a nature sanctuary.
A little resort island just off DGT is called Siquijor. Also very nice.
Cebu the other big one, mactan is where you would stay there, however it's getting a bit overdone with high concentration of Koreans.

The islands are a couple of bright spots in this otherwise dismal country.
Perfect. Thank you. Think I will skip this one.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:23 pm

The MAD-MNL was found with expedia.
The remaining offers with ita matrix.

I,D,R,Z airfare has some restrictions. J,C,I has less. But it depends (afaik) on the airline aswell.
Is there a function on ITA to search "europe" as a continent to Manila to find the cheapest flight (being flexible on departure location).

I found google flights has that function in reverse (e.g., MNL to "europe") but i can't seem to get it going back.

Read a few reviews on Kuwait air. Doesn't look very polished!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:54 pm

Having issues breaking down this fare into multi sector to achieve a stopover in MCT and CDG (or either).

Strangely, it works when i try other months like November. Expedia issue?

Last edited by ttep; Jan 11, 2017 at 10:15 pm Reason: da
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
If you looking for another destination while in MNL, consider Brunei. I am going to Palawan (PPS) and Brunei on a cheap SEA-MNL-EUG ticket next month.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
As I said in a previous post, the only way to break it down with stopovers was for me to get Trailfinders UK to do it. Call them and see.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
As I said in a previous post, the only way to break it down with stopovers was for me to get Trailfinders UK to do it. Call them and see.
Nice one mate. Just used them to book 2xOW MNL-NCL with a 2 night stayover in MCT

Didn't take my Aussie cc but i've had a mate transfer into their bank account.

Appreciate the lead!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.