Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: AP 75k
Was able to price a stopover on a one-way ticket on Expedia.com fairly easily.

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sear...ww.expedia.com

An example above.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Since I'm in the US the Etihad Guest page won't come up - what does it say about earning Oman Air? Can someone post a screen shot?
Flights eligible for Accrual
All flights marketed and operated by Oman Air are eligible for miles accrual. Flights marketed by Oman Air and operated by a third party carrier other than Oman Air or Etihad Airways will not be eligible for Miles. Charter Flights are not eligible for earning miles.

CABIN CLASS BOOKING CLASS MILES EARNED
First P 300%
First F 250%
Business J 200%
Business C, D, R 150%
Economy Y 100%
Economy H, M, B 50%
Economy K, I, Q, T, N, L, O, U 25%
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Stacks of availability - tried to get some CX segments in the mix (for my OW status) but seems impossible!!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by flyphilrun
One way at US$474....

But I have a horrible feeling it might be an economy class fare. When you search for the same route in economy this exact same fare comes up....
The Y fare is something like 140? less.

Bought and ticketed in Business with Business seats auto assigned.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:05 pm

So it seems you can only price this on Expedia.com? USA site
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Just booked via expedia.com.sg
Shows up fine on the WY website

Many thanks OP
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
You can book this on Expedia, Cheapoair, Travel Up (Via Sky Scanner) for a return with no stopovers.

I could not get it to price 1 stopover in each direction on these websites. I could only do a 6-leg multi-stop with 2 stops each way (but not on Expedia as it only has 5 fields for 5 separate legs). I could put in the same date and the stopover would be several hours but I was worried as to whether there would be problems with delays, bags etc doing it this way.

Hearing lots of bad reviews about some of these websites, in the end, I decided to book with Trailfinders UK over the phone, as they were able to price a stopover in Muscat outbound and a stopover in Paris inbound (this reduces the UK air duty tax if stopping over 24 hours in Paris).

Although Trailfinders don't get commission on the ticket and had to charge a 50 pounds service charge (with no credit card fees), I could still get it for 926GBP and could pay with an overseas credit card (I'm based in Asia).

They confirmed the ticket with the seat bookings I requested, added Etihad's FF number and the conditions are better than doing it through Expedia etc. It's 200 USD to cancel the whole ticket and 75USD for changes. The booking is definitely business class all the way and is showing up on Air France and Oman Air's websites.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Anyone been able to price one up for Jan next year? Some websites let you book 365 days in advance so was looking at 5-6th Jan from MNL? Can't get any to work though.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Anyone been able to price one up for Jan next year? Some websites let you book 365 days in advance so was looking at 5-6th Jan from MNL? Can't get any to work though.
From Post #5

Oman Aviation Services (SAOG) (WY) RLISB3PH
Quote:
PERMITTED 16JAN THROUGH 15MAR OR 11JUN THROUGH 31DEC.

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 3 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:49 am

[QUOTE=onlysuites;27707167Some websites let you book 365 days in advance so was looking at 5-6th Jan from MNL? .[/QUOTE]

Which websites?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cmdsea
From Post #5

Oman Aviation Services (SAOG) (WY) RLISB3PH
Quote:
PERMITTED 16JAN THROUGH 15MAR OR 11JUN THROUGH 31DEC.

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 3 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
Didn't go through the fare rules that I only posted.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I am also seeing KUL-NCL 1-way, with WY in July 2017 for $677 USD. Might be good options for those based in Asia to re-position themselves for cheap Europe-Asia J deals if MNL is too far/inconvenient.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:00 pm

I'm seriously considering this fare, I think their J product is really comfortable, private and with heaps of leg room. I booked the previously FT posted KUL-MUC for WY deal €880 :-)
Their ground services for J pax is amazing. I'm currently in the Holiday Inn MCT on a 13hr lay over friom MUC.
All provided by WY, great room, breakfast and lunch, transfers and visa included Fruit platter and chocolates waiting for me in the room ))

EDIT:
Wow, €442 one way. Sold.
i think I'll buy a few of these and return on miles ))

What are people's thoughts on traveling light and dropping the last sector deplaning at CDG?

Last edited by Croupier; Jan 9, 2017 at 10:37 pm
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat., IHG Spire Ambassador, Qantas Plat.
Could you post a link for where you're still seeing €442?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by therewardconcierge
Could you post a link for where you're still seeing €442?
https://www.expedia.com.sg/Flights-S...expedia.com.sg

EDIT:
Just finished my complimentary 15 minute back massage in the Oman J lounge.
Thanks Tee :-)

Last edited by Croupier; Jan 10, 2017 at 9:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.