Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:02 am

just spoken to the dragon....she even advised me that you are only allowed access if you fly First class....which is balls and therefore I had to advise her as a GC holder I flew economy and was allowed. She did not seem to have the knowledge, however, she then said it still wouldn't work because your boarding pass would be from a European destination (which is inline with what we thought).

However, when questioning on my other boarding passes, she said, it might be worth a try. Usually if they are not busy they might let you use...

so maybe worth a try with your other boarding passes?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by capt787
just spoken to the dragon....she even advised me that you are only allowed access if you fly First class....which is balls and therefore I had to advise her as a GC holder I flew economy and was allowed. She did not seem to have the knowledge, however, she then said it still wouldn't work because your boarding pass would be from a European destination (which is inline with what we thought).

However, when questioning on my other boarding passes, she said, it might be worth a try. Usually if they are not busy they might let you use...

so maybe worth a try with your other boarding passes?
Thanks for the update!
I live really close from Heathrow so depending on how tired I am, I may give it a go just to see if it works or not.
I will update the thread when I do so.
That said, is there anyone in this thread (who's still subscribed so will get a buzz) that already travelled?
Would be nice to know.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by capt787
My positioning flights for these are from Heathrow with BA T5. I was wondering when I return from Frankfurt would I be eligible to use the arrivals lounge in T5? (bearing in mind i'm BAEC Gold and having flown oneworld Business)...
Strictly speaking NO. HOWEVER it's worth asking on the day.
Not quite the same but might be of interest; If you.have Priority Pass lounge access then you can use the Sofitel Executive lounge in their hotel, a 4 minute walk from T5.
Old May 31, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
PNR allocated as Sri Lankan but no seat choice

Happily booked this route via Expedia. Couple of days ago. Noted that now have Sri Lankan PNR but while on Qatar and Sri Lankans sites it recognised the booking it does not offer seat choice. As my ideas his this can be accomplished or is it a phone call? Wondering if it would have been easier booking via Sri Lankan site!

Last edited by nivsy; May 31, 2017 at 4:04 pm Reason: Sp
Old May 31, 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by nivsy
Happily booked this route via Expedia. Couple of days ago. Noted that now have Sri Lankan PNR but while on Qatar and Sri Lankans sites it recognised the booking it does not offer seat choice. As my ideas his this can be accomplished or is it a phone call? Wondering if it would have been easier booking via Sri Lankan site!
Hmm, you should have two different PNRs (one for UL and the other one for QR), you can use the QR one to get seats on QR's website.
If it doesn't work, just give UL a call and they will sort you out for all seats.
Old May 31, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by xhemp
Hmm, you should have two different PNRs (one for UL and the other one for QR), you can use the QR one to get seats on QR's website.
If it doesn't work, just give UL a call and they will sort you out for all seats.

Thanks, will call UL, for sure, one PNR issued and that is UL although I see QR seats have been automatically allocated and I want to change to them
Old May 31, 2017, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by nivsy
Thanks, will call UL, for sure, one PNR issued and that is UL although I see QR seats have been automatically allocated and I want to change to them

No problems, Nivsy.
I bought mine directly from UL and they assigned all seats including QR ones so I believe it will work for you as well.
Good luck!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
I'm looking to book this deal for next April, but struggling to get it to price up on Google Flights (or Expedia, edreams or anywhere else I can think of).

For people who've booked it recently, any suggestions? The best I can get seems to be via LHR for several hundred pounds more, but ITA is still showing the flights I want

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by omk298
I'm looking to book this deal for next April, but struggling to get it to price up on Google Flights (or Expedia, edreams or anywhere else I can think of).

For people who've booked it recently, any suggestions? The best I can get seems to be via LHR for several hundred pounds more, but ITA is still showing the flights I want

Thanks
Have you tried directly at UL's webpage?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Have you tried directly at UL's webpage?
Yes, should have said. I only get offered via LHR there as well. Best just to call Sri Lankan?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:07 pm

Yes, should have said. I only get offered via LHR there as well. Best just to call Sri Lankan?
I think it's worth a try
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:58 pm

I think it's worth a try
After 50 minutes and a LOT of awful hold music I've managed to book the tickets. Worth it, but reminded me why I prefer to book online!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:59 pm

After 50 minutes and a LOT of awful hold music I've managed to book the tickets. Worth it, but reminded me why I prefer to book online!
Well, you got what you wanted now, it's a very nice trip.
Enjoy!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I see the dates for this trip[ have been extended into next year which is good to see as I have ran out of annual leave this year, I plan on booking and taking a stop over in sri lanka with only a few days in Maldives as I have been told there isnt much to do in the aldives but sit on the beach all day which isnt all that bad I suppose
Old Jun 2, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I had forgotten about this trip until it hit me earlier in the day that it was a possibility for my new collection year. Looking at March for a few days, looks like a great trip - and a decent amount of TP's! Good hotels are not cheap though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.