Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EY: OSL/ARN-Asia (as low as $2.4k)/Australia (~$3.7k) r/t in F (Apartments)"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

EY Apartments to Australia, anyone interested?

Etihad Airways (EY) RPR4MNO
https://goo.gl/flights/W33o

PERMITTED 02SEP 16 THROUGH 09DEC 16 OR 16JAN 17 THROUGH 06APR 17 OR 19APR 17 THROUGH 21JUN 17 ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 4 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

INBOUND - TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 26MAR 17 THROUGH 09APR 17.
Also available ARN/OSL-SIN/TYO/SEL for as low as $2,400 in F, although EY doesn't operate A380 on these routes so no Apartments.

Edit: MEL for the same price as SYD. BOM for $2.4k ex-WAW/ARN (A380 between AUH and BOM but dates are limited).
Connecting via LHR is possible which means you can fly Apartments for as low as $2,400!

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Dec 16, 2016 at 6:40 pm Reason: added info
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Call me crazy, but I actually prefer the 777 over the apartments. BKK is in the mix too, around $2400. That is crazy pricing for that product, although it's two relatively short segments (in comparison to AUH-JFK or AUH-SYD).
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:18 pm
Suspended

I only see this listed as first, and not apartments...am I missing something?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
"Apartments" is just the EY branding for first class on the A380. As long as the aircraft is an A380 and your in F, you'll get the Apartments.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by merc1234
"Apartments" is just the EY branding for first class on the A380. As long as the aircraft is an A380 and your in F, you'll get the Apartments.
Amateur mistake, my bad.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Global Entry; United Premier Platinum [until 2017]; formerly US Airways Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by stephem
Call me crazy, but I actually prefer the 777 over the apartments. BKK is in the mix too, around $2400. That is crazy pricing for that product, although it's two relatively short segments (in comparison to AUH-JFK or AUH-SYD).
Out of curiosity, why do you prefer the 777 over the A380?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:44 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
$2,400 for apartments would be great. $3,700 is a bit above my threshold. I've already blown too much on these LX F and JL F fares
Old Dec 16, 2016, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by helvetic
$2,400 for apartments would be great. $3,700 is a bit above my threshold. I've already blown too much on these LX F and JL F fares
For that price, it's possible if you fly to BOM. EY operates A380 on that route. For that short distance (3hrs 30mins), you barely have enough time to finish your 5-course meal
https://goo.gl/flights/KhXy
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Thanks OP.

All my AZ tickets canceled and had May open. EY Apartment beats out EK Suites, SQ Suites and LH 1st IMO.

Booked OSL-LHR-AUH-SYD-AUH-LHR-OSL (2 A380's each way). NOK 32873
Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zebranz
Thanks OP.

All my AZ tickets canceled and had May open. EY Apartment beats out EK Suites, SQ Suites and LH 1st IMO.

Booked OSL-LHR-AUH-SYD-AUH-LHR-OSL (2 A380's each way). NOK 32873
Nice ^. Routing through LHR gets you the A380, which means you can fly Apartments as low as $2,400 to Asia (eg BOM/BKK/SIN/etc)
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Nice ^. Routing through LHR gets you the A380, which means you can fly Apartments as low as $2,400 to Asia (eg BOM/BKK/SIN/etc)
Okay, just to clarify: the only four airports with A380 service to/from AUH are JFK, LHR, SYD & BOM, the latter being the newest addition to the list (they've added it since I flew the Apartment on the AUH-SYD leg six months ago). Are you referring to the LHR-AUH segment, or the subsequent one? As already noted, the AUH-BOM leg is 3 1/2 hours long, and if you're connecting there to, say, BKK, you have to switch not only to a Jet Airways flight, but one on a 738! (which I assume has domestic-style F)

Still, $2,400 is a damn good deal for ANY variety of EY F, particularly to Australia and back, and $3,700 for an entire r/t in the Apartment from LHR to SYD and back is easily the best deal I've seen, well, EVER on the route! (which IIRC normally costs around $40K r/t).

And you can call me crazy, too, because I also prefer their 777 "Diamond First" seats. I realize how ridiculous it sounds for anyone to complain about the Apartments, but I was disappointed in particular with my inability to find a comfortable position in their lounge chair, and the bed is basically just a flip-over of a long, narrow bench-style seat. Bizarrely, EY doesn't provide any sort of special mattress top (which could be anything from a feather bed to some sort of Tempur-Pedic top), so I frankly slept better on the 77Xs I flew en route to AUH.

Finally, in contrast to the Residence -- which can reasonably be described as such, given its privacy, a separate living and sleeping area, and a good-sized bathroom for occupants' exclusive use -- the Apartments are considerably less roomy; they wouldn't even cut it as a NYC studio!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kirker
Okay, just to clarify: the only four airports with A380 service to/from AUH are JFK, LHR, SYD & BOM, the latter being the newest addition to the list (they've added it since I flew the Apartment on the AUH-SYD leg six months ago). Are you referring to the LHR-AUH segment, or the subsequent one? As already noted, the AUH-BOM leg is 3 1/2 hours long, and if you're connecting there to, say, BKK, you have to switch not only to a Jet Airways flight, but one on a 738! (which I assume has domestic-style F)

Still, $2,400 is a damn good deal for ANY variety of EY F, particularly to Australia and back, and $3,700 for an entire r/t in the Apartment from LHR to SYD and back is easily the best deal I've seen, well, EVER on the route! (which IIRC normally costs around $40K r/t).

And you can call me crazy, too, because I also prefer their 777 "Diamond First" seats. I realize how ridiculous it sounds for anyone to complain about the Apartments, but I was disappointed in particular with my inability to find a comfortable position in their lounge chair, and the bed is basically just a flip-over of a long, narrow bench-style seat. Bizarrely, EY doesn't provide any sort of special mattress top (which could be anything from a feather bed to some sort of Tempur-Pedic top), so I frankly slept better on the 77Xs I flew en route to AUH.

Finally, in contrast to the Residence -- which can reasonably be described as such, given its privacy, a separate living and sleeping area, and a good-sized bathroom for occupants' exclusive use -- the Apartments are considerably less roomy; they wouldn't even cut it as a NYC studio!
I apologize for the confusion. Initially when I made the post, I was only referring to OSL-AUH-SYD for $3,700 and the $2,400 to Asia. At that time, I didn't know you can connect via LHR. So I searced for other destinations with Apartments for $2,400 and found BOM. I learned from zebranz that yuo can route via LHR so I updated the original post and asked the mods to change the title.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by kirker
Okay, just to clarify: the only four airports with A380 service to/from AUH are JFK, LHR, SYD & BOM, .....
MEL also.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 3:46 am

I can not find Mumbai from Warsaw( or ARN) through London ......
Whatever the A380 from London to
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Smile

Originally Posted by Alex1983
I can not find Mumbai from Warsaw( or ARN) through London ......
Whatever the A380 from London to
How are you all booking via LHR? Is that possible for the ARN-asia fares?
I can't seem to get it to work.

...edited to add: I see I've just got to look for LHR route on the Etihad website!

Last edited by Paella747; Dec 17, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.