Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] QR from LAX: very cheap fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] QR from LAX: very cheap fares

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Thank you for posting OP. These fares were amazing.

I know more and more of us face dilemmas on whether we should post deals here or not. I really like sharing and getting tips from others and some here will know I have contributed a few times to the posting of deals of the forum. However posting deals here now kills them very fast because of airlines monitoring and bloggers.

I think I will continue posting here though there is no other way of sharing.

I doubt "private" sharing canals do exist and should they exist I imagine it is also hard to control who gets the info. Yet I must confess there were a lot of AZ intra EU Biz (C-class fares) fare loaded last month booking for €80-140€... booked 3 and didn't post partly because I had to leave when I discovered the fares and they were gone when I came back home.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:21 am

Bloggers / airlines / anyone doing a business selling cheap fares / avoiding them has automatic systems, like alert systems or scanners to detect low priced fares. None of the big blogs or companies need to spend endless of hours looking through FT when you can automatically can scan the basefares from the source
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Again, for reference when we hear the arguments about how FT should not allow posters with fewer than XX posts to post on this board, note that the OP on this thread had 37 posts and had been a member for 18 months. (And thanks OP! Didn't get in, but appreciate you posting.)
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:56 am

This was much more widespread than LAX. I'm seeing ~$1500 LGA-SYD in business on Qatar (LGA-BOS codeshare on Jetblue) and $2200 ATL-SYD showing up on Google flights. After selecting the outbound they jump to $8000.

Wish I'd checked earlier this morning!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:22 am

Damn my west coast wake up time. Looks like I missed this. Would have loved to get in on that SIN flight. Thanks OP for sharing regardless!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:23 am

To OP:

Rule #1 of FT Club - Always book your own ticket(s) before sharing.

Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Damn, this would have been nice, I need to book 3 tickets to BEY next year.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: WP
were certain posts deleted on this thread? I read a few posts early this morning on the first page of this thread that no longer exist...
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by island82
were certain posts deleted on this thread? I read a few posts early this morning on the first page of this thread that no longer exist...
And the plot thickens...
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 24left
The bloggers have their own form of self-interest. While many seem to make money off deals with banks, credit cards etc., I think some of them already have the deals long before they post it - and by the time they post it, the deal is on its last legs or no longer available.
You're giving them way too much credit.. half the bloggers don't have a clue about where to find deals or don't spend any time looking on their own for these deals. Once they get wind of a good deal, they book several for themselves, then blog about it ASAP to be the first one on the block. It's not a coincidence that the deal dies off soon after bloggers spread it around.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tymoon25
I know more and more of us face dilemmas on whether we should post deals here or not. I really like sharing and getting tips from others and some here will know I have contributed a few times to the posting of deals of the forum. However posting deals here now kills them very fast because of airlines monitoring and bloggers.

Step 1: Socialize with your fellow Flyertalkers. Attend a local dinner / a DO / whatever. Heck, even chat folks up online. Get to know people who love a good deal as much as you do.

Step 2: Connect with them on a regular basis.. either social media or an e-mail list.

Step 3: Voila! You are part of a group that can benefit from each other's eyes, ears, and discretion. Share what you see online in a private setting while knowing that you aren't helping bloggers.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond

$980 RT FROM LA TO IRAN, THAT'S INSANE!!!

curse you PST, woke up and it was gone

Thanks OP for sharing, you rock ^
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:02 am

Ugh, missed it
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FatAlbert
To OP:

Rule #1 of FT Club - Always book your own ticket(s) before sharing.

Actually, I did manage to get a ticket to Tbilisi for $1190 after all the sites had started raising their fares. Expedia was the only one that hadn't, and this was the only destination it still had cheap fares to. So I booked it. Book first, ask questions (like: can I travel at that time? do I want to go there?, etc.) later, especially since we have a 24 hours courtesy cancellation window anyway.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Google Flights e-mail alert told me 2100 USD from MIA to BKK via DOH. Wow! But like most others here it was gone by the time I processed the e-mail and decided to act on it.

Below 3500 for QR J to from North America to Asia is great. ~2100 is insane!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.