Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

US-Europe J Fares over New Years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US-Europe J Fares over New Years

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG G, #1 CG 5☆
Guys, guys...

OP could have included a link or at least some sample dates to help kick off ITA search, he didn't. stephem jumped in to validate / second the OP, albeit with ++, which was good enough IMO since his came out roughly 1,000 less than OP, we can put 1+1 together and it makes sense. Also added some good addt'l info. It's always good to get someone to second a find in case where the OP doesn't give any dates or links.

Pat with a bunch of numbers, you're correct that prices should be a/i, and luckily OP did that.

levistrauss, thanks for posting the link.

Thanks everyone for making this a great forum! We need more DOs to get together every once in a while and remind ourselves of our shared passion that connects us.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by stephem
Then i wont post it any more. I am pointing out fares that are in the GDS and i dont have time to look them all up on an OTA. If the forum wants to lose that very useful info then i will go away, after 12 plus years of being helpful around here.
It is incredibly uncommon to post fares which are in the GDS, and in fact, given how many people will then have to do what may end up as useless work by going to find the fares in OTAs, it actually is unhelpful. I spent 20 minutes looking for this inbetween your posts myself. What would make it helpful without requiring hardly any work from you at all - literally typing another sentence - would be to say "this fare is in the GDS at $1400xx". That's it! Maybe ten seconds of work, way less time than it takes to look up the fare in the GDS in the first place. Maybe instead of threatening your absence, you could just add that one line next time so we know it's not like almost literally every other fare people post in this forum?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Look at my post, I clearly give a price with a "++" after the dollar amount. That means plus taxes and fees.
No need to be aggressive - I didn't know that ++ meant + taxes and fees. Either way I agree that prices of cash tickets quoted esp on this forum should include taxes and fees. There is no way to avoid those taxes and fees and they can vary so much with each airline that the price without them can be very difficult to gauge.

In any case, it's all good - just a misunderstanding.

Last edited by Enigma368; Dec 2, 2016 at 12:20 am
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Enigma368
No need to be aggressive - I didn't know that ++ meant + taxes and fees. Either way I agree that prices of cash tickets quoted esp on this forum should include taxes and fees. There is no way to avoid those taxes and fees and they can vary so much with each airline that the price without them can be very difficult to gauge.

In any case, it's all good - just a misunderstanding.
I like prices excl tax as they are clear. Also there is a way to avoid surcharges, we have a trick-it thread which is rather popular!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:02 am

If posts start doing price without taxes and fees we would see a lot of $700-1000 J fare posts all of a sudden but then add on $800-1000 for taxes and fees. This is basically just making the deal look awesome when it's actually just average for the forum.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by olouie
If posts start doing price without taxes and fees we would see a lot of $700-1000 J fare posts all of a sudden but then add on $800-1000 for taxes and fees. This is basically just making the deal look awesome when it's actually just average for the forum.
But would be more accurate as you would know what the bare minimum is and can make taxes work in your favour, e.g. Avoid transit at LHR, use open jaws for some YQ drop etc... but then many people don't have access to GDS so can only post full prices anyway. Probably best to stick with current situation IMHO
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
But would be more accurate as you would know what the bare minimum is and can make taxes work in your favour, e.g. Avoid transit at LHR, use open jaws for some YQ drop etc... but then many people don't have access to GDS so can only post full prices anyway. Probably best to stick with current situation IMHO
I think avoiding taxes would prob be best for the trick it thread. It exists for just this reason.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:06 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I believe you have all proven the point of Rule 6. Without it, threads veer off topic.

There are 18 off topic posts in this thread. Any further OT posts will be deleted.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Well back to the topic at hand ....anyone find any OneWorld fares returning after Jan 7th for the discounted price? Seems like after that date the price of business class fares shoots up quite a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.