Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: LHR-SCL RT First Class GBP 3461

Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Latam Pass

BA starts flying to SCL per January 2017.
Great fares in first class starting end of February.
Direct flights!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yeah. That is not a "good deal." At all.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Latam Pass
UAPremierGuy, Haven't found better deals in first class to SCL, its usually more than GBP 6k. Have you got anything better?
Would be much appreciated...
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Yeah. That is not a "good deal." At all.
+1.

Whilst it may be a reasonable fare for those who regularly travel between London and Chile and for some reason think that BA First Class is worth paying for, for the rest of us it's at least twice what the price would need to be to consider "hmmm, maybe I should go visit Chile"...
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by Raul San Martin Mendoza
UAPremierGuy, Haven't found better deals in first class to SCL, its usually more than GBP 6k. Have you got anything better?
Would be much appreciated...
Last year AA/BA had a sale for FRA-SCL RT F for ~$2500. That's a good deal, IMHO.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by lewende
Last year AA/BA had a sale for FRA-SCL RT F for ~$2500. That's a good deal, IMHO.
That was a great fare especially with the routing via the US ^
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Well to put it a different way - OP thank you for trying to contribute!

Unfortunately it is a fairly standard fare for BA longhaul
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Well to put it a different way - OP thank you for trying to contribute!

Unfortunately it is a fairly standard fare for BA longhaul
Quite. Let's not shoot the messenger here, such response to he/she will make them reluctant to post further. Thank you OP for the effort.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be entirely fair, it is half the price of the next price point on BA's tariff on LONSCL, and it avoids that nasty half day stopover you get when flying via North America. However, it also has a crippling 90 day advance purchase requirement. But there's no expiry date so OP can rest assured this fare looks like it's here to stay.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: Etihad Plat, A3*G, HHonors DIA, GHA Plat
I really don't know, why this shouldn't be a decent fare?

If you start your journey in any country apart from UK these flights are twice as expensive. And that's understandable, because there are almost no direct flights between Europe and Chile, and if there are, then they don't offer First Class.

So BA even has a monopoly here, and even though they offer nonstop flights, they charge a really fair amount of money. It might be a standard fare to other places, but other places aren't of much interest if you have to go to Santiago, and other places have a lot more competition going on
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Looks like the fare OP quoted starts around Feb 20.

Just as a point of comparison, the lowest BA/AA fare with a stop in MIA or DFW is 3,950 GBP and that seems to run until Feb 19. There is also a slightly lower fare but it seems that is 2 stops for 3,877 GBP.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by Calchas
To be entirely fair, it is half the price of the next price point on BA's tariff on LONSCL, and it avoids that nasty half day stopover you get when flying via North America. However, it also has a crippling 90 day advance purchase requirement. But there's no expiry date so OP can rest assured this fare looks like it's here to stay.
I am considering this fare for Feb 2018, or use my QF points as there is good Avios availability 355 days out. (Just not the greatest return on my QF points).

While not a "deal" and nowhere near previous exEU fares to SCL, it is one of those cases where I may actually appreciate a direct flight from London as I have a lot of onward travel from SCL. Also, the price difference between J and F is not huge, with F having better cancellation rules. (J usually has one leg that cannot be cancelled). Glad to hear it may stick around.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
At the risk of being wrong, this route may also earn 240TPs in F which is an added sweetener.

M
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
At the risk of being wrong, this route may also earn 240TPs in F which is an added sweetener.

M
True, but I'm pretty sure that there are few if any additional benefits from BA Gold or GGL that you wouldn't get by dropping Ł3.5K on First Class tickets...
Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You would also get more points on the cheaper AA ticket via JFK in F.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.