Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Server
eDream ticketed airfares have been cancelled by themselves (travel agent == eDreams). Majority of people have confirmed this situation. Likely due to FX rate was 'unfair' to them.
Direct issued tickets by Qatar are fine.

Visa Currency Exchange Rate Calculator: https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html
Mastercard Exchange Rate Calculator: https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/
AMEX is reported to use the FX rate the day before -OR- uses Oanda. So be wary (unconfirmed, but reported a few times)

To pay directly in your home currency (DCC) on Qatar's site, you will need to use Mastercard or Visa. The option will show up once you've filled credit card number. The exchange rates are provided by Monex Financial Services for the day of the transaction +3% fixed conversion charge

Airline Information
Qatar (QR) does not allow short checking of bags on layovers (<24 hours), for any reason. If for convenience purposes you wanted a bag for a connecting flight later on (DOH-CAI or elsewhere), DO NOT CHECK-IN THE BAG.
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold

There is still some A380 flying on the DOH-BKK route. I haven't found other destinations, post if you do.

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 24OCT16 AND ON/
BEFORE 14JUN17. ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY
MIDNIGHT ON 14JUN17.

FOOTNOTE RULE
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 24OCT16 AND ON/BEFORE
08NOV16.

FARE RULE
CANCELLATIONS

ANY TIME
CHARGE USD 100.00.

TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF NO-SHOW.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
NON REFUNDABLE AND NON CHANGEABLE.
---------------------------------

CHANGES

ANY TIME
CHARGE USD 80.00.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Excellent price.
And 784€ in J is also a great fare.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:42 am

Its a good price but looking at qatarairways.com it seems that despite offering a 'First Promo' fare, none of the aircraft operating CAI-DOH-BKK actually offer a First Class cabin. Despite all the itinerarys listing a First Class fare there's only one itinerary that offers the A380 out of the seven or eight options on the list so choose wisely!

Decent J class fare also though.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by bananahead
Its a good price but looking at qatarairways.com it seems that despite offering a 'First Promo' fare, none of the aircraft operating CAI-DOH-BKK actually offer a First Class cabin.
I've managed to do it on a dummy booking, the layover is a pain on the way out (22 hours) but it is there. Need to seek out the A380 which seems to be QR0830 out and QR0831 return most days.

Positioning is also a pain so not for me, but thanks to OP for posting as always!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Originally Posted by bananahead
Its a good price but looking at qatarairways.com it seems that despite offering a 'First Promo' fare, none of the aircraft operating CAI-DOH-BKK actually offer a First Class cabin. Despite all the itinerarys listing a First Class fare there's only one itinerary that offers the A380 out of the seven or eight options on the list so choose wisely!

Decent J class fare also though.
They use 2 class aircraft and J seats are sold as F with F(ish) service from DOH throughout the ME. You get F status credits. It will be J on the BKK sectors unless you're in three class aircraft
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Excellent price.
And 784€ in J is also a great fare.
Change/refund fees are quite attractive too.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:24 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Paging PtF...

M
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Paging PtF...

M
You called?

Just booked Christmas/New Year QR F/J tickets for Mrs PtF and myself, however I have still to book Mrs PtF QR F/J to HKG in January - so I might do that now.

A word of caution to everyone though. A significant devaluation of the EGP is expected within the next two-three weeks, so if you purchase a ticket at EGP'x', converted into, say, GBP/EUR/USD on your credit card, and then subsequently seek a refund your EGP'x' might yield considerably less GBP/EUR/USD etc than you initially paid.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
It will be J on the BKK sectors unless you're in three class aircraft
E.g.:
2016-11-24 CAI-DOH QR 1304 Boeing 777 (sold as F, but J)
DOH 3 hours
DOH-BKK QR 830 Airbus 380 F

2016-11-28 BKK-DOH QR 831 Airbus 380 F
Doh 3 hours 30 min
DOH-CAI QR 1301 Boeing 777 (sold as F, but J)

Total: 15,436 EGP (~1,740 USD; ~1,600€; ~1,420 GBP)

Though not that attractive for BAEC members: You'll get 13,670 Avios and 540 TP. The 7,840 EGP J fare gives better ratios with 12,036 Avios and 400 TP.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: QR Platinum
also works from LXR ( badge to win with QR program )
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:10 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
You called?...

I figured these fares might be of interest for you in terms of reaching The Philippines and elsewhere in Asia too.

M
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

I figured these fares might be of interest for you in terms of reaching The Philippines and elsewhere in Asia too.

M
I've just booked Mrs PtF a CAI-DOH-ICN-CEB-HKG-DOH-CAI QR F/J Jan/Feb 2017 itinerary for GBP1,100 (for a family visit and Cebu City Sinulog Festival 2017).

Until today I was looking at circa GBP1,400 just to HKG or MNL with QR F/J (with additional layover hotel and airfare costs to CEB with either CX or PR, not to mention a lesser baggage allowance) - so, including the 440 Tier Points for this itinerary, an excellent result!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:13 pm

Save 10% on Mobile App as well
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:33 pm

Phil the Flyer
where did you found these fare? can you give example please?
CAI-DOH-ICN-CEB-HKG-DOH-CAI
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
Qr F

As far as i know F is only on BKK CDG and LON on 380 otherwise its J

Last edited by ambrogz; Oct 25, 2016 at 5:11 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.