Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Server
eDream ticketed airfares have been cancelled by themselves (travel agent == eDreams). Majority of people have confirmed this situation. Likely due to FX rate was 'unfair' to them.
Direct issued tickets by Qatar are fine.

Visa Currency Exchange Rate Calculator: https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html
Mastercard Exchange Rate Calculator: https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/
AMEX is reported to use the FX rate the day before -OR- uses Oanda. So be wary (unconfirmed, but reported a few times)

To pay directly in your home currency (DCC) on Qatar's site, you will need to use Mastercard or Visa. The option will show up once you've filled credit card number. The exchange rates are provided by Monex Financial Services for the day of the transaction +3% fixed conversion charge

Airline Information
Qatar (QR) does not allow short checking of bags on layovers (<24 hours), for any reason. If for convenience purposes you wanted a bag for a connecting flight later on (DOH-CAI or elsewhere), DO NOT CHECK-IN THE BAG.
Print Wikipost

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by nk15
Just to share my experience, and a word of WARNING, if you choose the charge in EGP at the QR site the attempted converted charges vary widely, check your statements, mine were $880 and $1250 incoming charges for the exact same ticket, but when I chose charge in USD it was $730. I don't know what is going on and what the final charge will be if you choose to be charged in EGP.
For once, DCC might be advantageous.

Thanks for the heads up
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Just to share my experience, and a word of WARNING, if you choose the charge in EGP at the QR site the attempted converted charges vary widely, check your statements, mine were $880 and $1250 incoming charges for the exact same ticket, but when I chose charge in USD it was $730. I don't know what is going on and what the final charge will be if you choose to be charged in EGP.
Where exactly on the QR site did you get the option to choose "charge in USD"?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Where exactly on the QR site did you get the option to choose "charge in USD"?
It is on the last screen where you put the cc payment. It offers charge in EGP or charge in your home currency, I believe.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:35 pm

at what point can you choose the currency?
don't see it offered.
what am I missing?
thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skiwindham
at what point can you choose the currency?
don't see it offered.
what am I missing?
thanks.
It is on the last screen where you put the cc payment. It offers charge in EGP or charge in your home currency, I believe.

It is available at least when you choose VISA cc as payment, not sure if this has anything to do with it though.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:41 pm

It is available at least when you choose VISA cc as payment, not sure if this has anything to do with it though.
Thanks but the final screen doesn't have an option to choose Visa.
Simply asks to input the cc info.
It'll then process the charge in EGP.
Are you using a site other than the US site 'cause I don't see a currency change?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skiwindham
Thanks but the final screen doesn't have an option to choose Visa.
Simply asks to input the cc info.
It'll then process the charge in EGP.
Are you using a site other than the US site 'cause I don't see a currency change?
I followed the QR link from the US google flights, and "checked out as a guest" (don't have QR account, although I probably do but have forgotten about it, lol).
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I think I used international version of the site and when I put CC details, after a moment there was an option to choose currency. So it's best to check current EGP rate on internet and compare it with proposed exchange amount on website.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I think I used international version of the site and when I put CC details, after a moment there was an option to choose currency. So it's best to check current EGP rate on internet and compare it with proposed exchange amount on website.
The proposed exchange rate on the QR site for me was very close to the one you get on the internet, it was $706 on the internet for CAI-BKK and $726 on the QR site, basically just some conversion fees added. But if you have chosen EGP, make sure you check your pending charges online...
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I think I used international version of the site and when I put CC details, after a moment there was an option to choose currency.

Thanks!

Same is occurring on the U.S. site. The choice doesn't appear until you type in the Visa card details.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You thought the EGP is free falling, have you checked the stock market this week? Pray that Clinton gets elected or your portfolios and retirement funds will be down 30% next week and you will wish you lived in Egypt...
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:41 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by tycosiao
For once, DCC might be advantageous.

Thanks for the heads up
DCC is wonderful for people like me on this conversion rate drop. I only have a Citi Double Cash card for my Mastercard collection (DCC works with Visa or Mastercard, but not AMEX on the international site) so if I didn't do DCC, it would be something like 1183$. With DCC it's 1052$.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Mixed First Promo and First Saver Ticket Refund for Inbound Leg?

Hey guys,

I could use the CAI-BKK but I already have a BKK back to Europe return (left over from another ticket a while back). I see if I try and book a one way i cant get the promo fare (Which is like 40% less RT then the One way.

If I take the Promo Fare first outbound and Do the First Saver for return, should I be able to cancel it the inbound leg and re-coop some of the money? I ask as the rules show two different sets one for outbound Promo the other for inbound saver. I will copy the refund rules below. What I am worried about is that the inbound says a much higher penalty after first flight. Does that mean the first flight of the inbound or the first flight of the ticket overall?

So my question is based on the below rules if I take the outbound (CAI-BKK) can I then get the BKK- CAI refunded and if so how much would it cost per ticket?

Refund conditions Adult
Cairo - Bangkok
No-show for subsequent flight(s)
Refund: Not allowed
Maximum Refund penalty fee for entire ticket: 9663.00 EGP
After departure of first flight
Refund: Allowed with restrictions
Penalty fee between: 1425.00 EGP / 15944.00 EGP (at today exchange rates 1425.00 EGP / 15944.00 EGP)
Maximum Refund penalty fee for entire ticket: 15944.00 EGP
Prior to Departure of first flight
Penalty fee between: 1425.00 EGP / 1425.00 EGP (at today exchange rates 1425.00 EGP / 1425.00 EGP)
Maximum Refund penalty fee for entire ticket: 1425.00 EGP

Bangkok - Cairo
No-show for subsequent flight(s)
Penalty fee between: 3919.00 EGP / 9663.00 EGP (at today exchange rates 3919.00 EGP / 9663.00 EGP)
Maximum Refund penalty fee for entire ticket: 9663.00 EGP
After departure of first flight
Penalty fee between: 3919.00 EGP / 9663.00 EGP (at today exchange rates 3919.00 EGP / 9663.00 EGP)
Prior to Departure of first flight
Penalty fee between: 1425.00 EGP / 1425.00 EGP (at today exchange rates 1425.00 EGP / 1425.00 EGP)
Maximum Refund penalty fee for entire ticket: 1425.00 EGP
No-show for first flight
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Oh and what the heck is a penalty fee (cancellation) where it gives a range? Is it guaranteed to be the top end?

Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:55 pm

you will be charged for promo ticket fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.