Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LX AMS-ZRH RT (P class) <200 EUR

Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Nothing particularly exciting, not even a MR, just a reasonable C fare not much more expensive than Y. Availability wide open (don't see any period restrictions in fare rules).
Changes and cancellations are not allowed. Prices higher on LX site, but can be pulled on multiple OTAs for lower price.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yeah but great fare and it's good to know about it. Could make use of it. But usually the cheapest deals in business class are found directly on swiss.com, after you select the cheapest economy fare and continue to the point where you start to select extras, such as business upgrades.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Great fare. Love these affordable short runs.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Concerto
Yeah but great fare and it's good to know about it. Could make use of it. But usually the cheapest deals in business class are found directly on swiss.com, after you select the cheapest economy fare and continue to the point where you start to select extras, such as business upgrades.
But when you select the upgrades, does it also upgrade your fare class? Because that wasn't clear to me when I was fooling around with that.

And still waiting 2 weeks for Swiss to post my C class trip AMS-BOM-AMS aS on my United account... a wee bit grumpy about that
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
But when you select the upgrades, does it also upgrade your fare class? Because that wasn't clear to me when I was fooling around with that.

And still waiting 2 weeks for Swiss to post my C class trip AMS-BOM-AMS aS on my United account... a wee bit grumpy about that

Yes, the fare code is updated to P.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Yes, the fare code is updated to P.
I know it's short flight. The product is economy seats that leave the middle seat empty.

Flew this two weeks ago, got a yummy bowl of granola for breakfast... 7:00 am flight. Nothing to write home about, except as you say, not much more than economy and you get double the points or so, depending on where you credit.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
I know it's short flight. The product is economy seats that leave the middle seat empty.

Flew this two weeks ago, got a yummy bowl of granola for breakfast... 7:00 am flight. Nothing to write home about, except as you say, not much more than economy and you get double the points or so, depending on where you credit.
Well, more like 10x times, given miserable earnings (like 125 miles) on lowest economy fares within Europe on Lufthansa group.
But indeed, I just needed exactly that route with direct flight and had no flexibility on days/times, so my cheapest options in economy where something like 150EUR, and I decided to pay 45EUR extra, so that I can enjoy going to ADL on QR fare all the way in business
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by maxvor
Well, more like 10x times, given miserable earnings (like 125 miles) on lowest economy fares within Europe on Lufthansa group.
But indeed, I just needed exactly that route with direct flight and had no flexibility on days/times, so my cheapest options in economy where something like 150EUR, and I decided to pay 45EUR extra, so that I can enjoy going to ADL on QR fare all the way in business
I wouldn't know how much more it is, as SWISS hasn't posted to my United account yet, after 2+ weeks
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by maxvor

Plus not to mention free luggage, which you'll likely have to pay for in the cheapest economy fares. So difference might even be only 15 EUR.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is luggage actually included on those upgrades to the Economy Light fare, offered as you proceed through the booking? If you choose Business outright then it's included, but choosing Business from the beginning usually yields a more expensive fare.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Is luggage actually included on those upgrades to the Economy Light fare, offered as you proceed through the booking? If you choose Business outright then it's included, but choosing Business from the beginning usually yields a more expensive fare.
In my experience, it is included.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On other LH Group airlines, namely OS and LH itself, I have upgraded through bidding on a previous Economy Light fare. Baggage was included in LH, but not included on OS. And I recall buying a Business Saver upgrade at a later stage on LX earlier this year (LGW-GVA) and baggage was not included. So it's all a bit inconsistent.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
No luggage included in a business saver intra-europe? That's a first for me tbh. Would be very surprised.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by The Wolf
No luggage included in a business saver intra-europe? That's a first for me tbh. Would be very surprised.
I have a ticket to RAK in business light and it's mentioned "no luggage"
Even my *gold won't help
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by Artemio
I have a ticket to RAK in business light and it's mentioned "no luggage"
Even my *gold won't help
This is a new low.
They don't even know how to dig deeper in shame.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.