Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Saudia Sale ~$1850RT Business LAX>JED/RUH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudia Sale ~$1850RT Business LAX>JED/RUH

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy - Ambassador; AS - MVP Gold
Smile Saudia Sale ~$1850RT Business LAX>JED/RUH

A little nervous to post this as I'm still a newbie. So any of the professionals please validate.

I was looking for RT tickets to the middle east out of LAX over Christmas and spotted some what appear to be excellent fairs in Business Class on Saudia.

Their website says they are having a 50% off sale on international flights from Sept 20 - Sept 30, 2016 for travel October 1 - December 15, 2016. I'm not sure if the $1850 is a result of that sale or not.

http://www.saudiairlines.com/portal/...nternational_1
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SoCalNorCal
A little nervous to post this as I'm still a newbie. So any of the professionals please validate.

I was looking for RT tickets to the middle east out of LAX over Christmas and spotted some what appear to be excellent fairs in Business Class on Saudia.

Their website says they are having a 50% off sale on international flights from Sept 20 - Sept 30, 2016 for travel October 1 - December 15, 2016. I'm not sure if the $1850 is a result of that sale or not.

http://www.saudiairlines.com/portal/...nternational_1
I'd say $1850 non stop r/t in J from the West Coast to the Middle East is a pretty good deal, especially if anyone wants to position to somewhere else in the Middle East, Africa, or the Indian Sub-Continent. I can't imagine it will be as nice as the big mid-east 3 though.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:33 am

^ Great find SoCalNorCal. I rarely see fares under 2k from the West Coast. Can be a cheap alternative to get to other places in ME - just for comparison flights to AUH/DXB are >3k on these dates. Although, some may argue about the product, still I think it's a great price for this route.

Edit: Looking further, fare is also applicable ex-YYZ/IAD/JFK for as low as $1,500. Other destinations in Saudi are available too - DMM/MED/YNB

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Sep 30, 2016 at 12:55 am Reason: added more info
Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I need to caveat that Saudi visa is difficult to obtain for merely tourists for pretty much all nationalities, else I'd jump on this as it credits a lot of miles toward Delta, unless someone can confirm that TWOV is permitted (easily without any hurdles and stress) with 2 separate tickets.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC, AAdvantage, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by vincewy
I need to caveat that Saudi visa is difficult to obtain for merely tourists for pretty much all nationalities, else I'd jump on this as it credits a lot of miles toward Delta, unless someone can confirm that TWOV is permitted (easily without any hurdles and stress) with 2 separate tickets.
Saudi Arabia does not ordinarily issue tourist visas and TWOV is not possible. More pertinently, I know of one case where a friend traveling on two separate tickets was not allowed to board SV. He was flying SV from NYC-JED and then 9W JED-BOM on two separate tickets. Despite existing interline agreements he was denied boarding. US passport.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Dry airline...

No booze...

No thank you...

TFD
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Just what I want to do, go on a nice vacation to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia!

What makes zero sense to me is that America protects these guys for free, and they'd have been blown to timbuktu by now if it wasn't for us. So why is it so hard for Americans to get visa, or enter Saudi Arabia? Why should we even need a visa to enter? Maybe what Donald Trump says about them having to start paying us if were going to be protecting them is right.

Last edited by Edgerfly; Sep 30, 2016 at 11:38 pm
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Just what I want to do, go on a nice vacation to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia!

What makes zero sense to me is that America protects these guys for free, and they'd have been blown to timbuktu by now if it wasn't for us. So why is it so hard for Americans to get visa, or enter Saudi Arabia? Why should we even need a visa to enter? Maybe what Donald Trump says about them having to start paying us if were going to be protecting them is right.
It's not about Americans, countries that are much closer to KSA both geographically and culturally are subject to the same treatment.

And honestly the country is not set for tourism, if one's going on business or pilgrimage then it makes sense to visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.