Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EVA (F): ATL to CEB OW $1200 - Trying to Contribute

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Was fooling around trying to figure out the cost of a one-way 1st class ticket from ATL to CEB on KE. When I put search into ITA, it came back with a rate of approximately $1200 traveling on AS and EVA. This also works RT at approximately double the cost. The weird thing to me is that EVA doesn't really have F, and if you search for lowest business class it comes back even higher. I thought more experienced members might be able to look into the rules of these fares and understand if this is a good deal or not. This might be even better for someone out of SEA.

Please let me know if I found something worthwhile, or flame away.

Last edited by ATallB404; Sep 28, 2016 at 9:23 am Reason: typos
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:22 am

EVA pricing has been weird lately, and not in a good way. Google flights show some really cheap fares on EVA (including in F, which it doesn't have). They are mistakes, but again, not in a good way (think it prices in Y or PE).

As you figure out fare rules (which I'm still doing) there are a few things you can change for your next post, notably in the title. List the cabin (J or F) and the carrier.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Ah. Thought it seemed a little too good to be true, even if it booked into J. What's protocol, should I delete the post to keep folks from wasting too much time on it?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by ATallB404
The weird thing to me is that EVA doesn't really have F, and if you search for lowest business class it comes back even higher.
It is a common issue with ITA Matrix and certain airlines: ITA shows some fares as First or Business, while in fact they are economy.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:18 am

Welcome to FT ATallB404! I can ask the mods to close the thread for you.

But please do continue to post, there's just too many great deals out there that goes unnoticed.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See also this similar thread from yesterday:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-2244-cad.html
Also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...ess-788-a.html
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by ATallB404
Was fooling around trying to figure out the cost of a one-way 1st class ticket from ATL to CEB on KE. When I put search into ITA, it came back with a rate of approximately $1200 traveling on AS and EVA. This also works RT at approximately double the cost. The weird thing to me is that EVA doesn't really have F, and if you search for lowest business class it comes back even higher. I thought more experienced members might be able to look into the rules of these fares and understand if this is a good deal or not. This might be even better for someone out of SEA.

Please let me know if I found something worthwhile, or flame away.
Something else you can try for next time is to see if the fare you are finding actually prices out on the carrier's website. if it does, then you've got a legit fare.

Either way, keep it up.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Are the EVA segments AS codeshare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.