Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ey a380 f various Pakistan airports - nyc ~3600 r/t; 1900 o/w

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ey a380 f various Pakistan airports - nyc ~3600 r/t; 1900 o/w

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by jona970318
Well as a point of reference when I flew a CX KHI fare back in 2014, I got the big SSSS
I got the same on CX just a couple days ago, but as the other poster said, it actually makes your line shorter and faster as long as you don't mind a patdown ^
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:23 pm

Lahore hotels

I booked lhe-auh-JFK EY first. Anyone have any opinions on the nicest possible hotel near airport and any MUST DO things? I'll have 18 hours or so until we leave.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Originally Posted by Flyer13500
I booked lhe-auh-JFK EY first. Anyone have any opinions on the nicest possible hotel near airport and any MUST DO things? I'll have 18 hours or so until we leave.
Did you get a Visa ? pakistan is similar to U.S.A in transit. You have to clear entry into pakistan walk out and check back in. Unless things have changed since my last business visit in 2014.

Google Pearl Continental that is the only hotel close to 5 star as you can get. (I've was put in that hotel) It's more like a 3.5 to 4 stars to be honest. Do not take any taxis. I highly recommend against it. Arrange with that hotel for a pickup and drop off. I believe it's free or might be a nominal charge. Only drink bottled water that you open yourself. Etc etc. You must know the drill If you've visited 3rd world before...

Anything else let me know. I'll try to help.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:09 pm

Found LHE-NYC looks to be a full fare ticket for 4100ish any chance this would be eligible for the AMEX Platinum full fare companion pass ticket deal? I actually have a reason to be in Pakistan this year and would like to use this.

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0&...;sc=f;s=1;eo=e
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by poohfighter
Found LHE-NYC looks to be a full fare ticket for 4100ish any chance this would be eligible for the AMEX Platinum full fare companion pass ticket deal? I actually have a reason to be in Pakistan this year and would like to use this.

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0&...;sc=f;s=1;eo=e
The AMEX companion fare is only valid for travel originating from the US:

"Choose from over 20 world-class airlines with thousands of destinations and routes worldwide from top U.S. gateways"
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by a310pilot
Did you get a Visa ? pakistan is similar to U.S.A in transit. You have to clear entry into pakistan walk out and check back in. Unless things have changed since my last business visit in 2014.

Google Pearl Continental that is the only hotel close to 5 star as you can get. (I've was put in that hotel) It's more like a 3.5 to 4 stars to be honest. Do not take any taxis. I highly recommend against it. Arrange with that hotel for a pickup and drop off. I believe it's free or might be a nominal charge. Only drink bottled water that you open yourself. Etc etc. You must know the drill If you've visited 3rd world before...

Anything else let me know. I'll try to help.
Getting all the docs together for the visa. The Chicago consulate told me to wait until closer to the trip to apply and said it would be "no problem." Would be really annoying if it's denied but should be fine.
That's where I'm getting a room. How miserable are these 18 hours going to be? Lol
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:07 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by a310pilot
Not sure about that. Pakistan has been on "axes of evil" list many times and every now and then some pakistani is caught trying to blow something up.
A thoroughly ignorant comment.

Pakistan has never been on any "Axis of Evil" list, which is a term coined by a previous US president and has been used informally in foreign policy circles to include state sponsors of terrorism such as Iran and N. Korea.

As an important US ally in the region, Pakistan was never included in such a list.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Is Pakistan one of the countries where a visit will disqualify an otherwise eligible person from the US visa waiver program ? I have some European friends who did volunteer work ( at the behest of the US government no less ) in a country that is on such a list so they cannot participate in ESTA now.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by stephem
Is Pakistan one of the countries where a visit will disqualify an otherwise eligible person from the US visa waiver program ?
Not for now, here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...r-program.html
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
The third 3rd World country is not only politically incorrect but also a relic of the Cold War, where 1st World was the West, 2nd World was the USSR and its allies, and 3rd World was everything non-aligned.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
The third 3rd World country is not only politically incorrect but also a relic of the Cold War, where 1st World was the West, 2nd World was the USSR and its allies, and 3rd World was everything non-aligned.
Thanks you wikipedia. But I'm sure you got what I mean when I say 3rd world. I don't need to be politely correct.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Far Siren

Pakistan has never been on any "Axis of Evil" list, which is a term coined by a previous US president and has been used informally in foreign policy circles to include state sponsors of terrorism such as Iran and N. Korea.

As an important US ally in the region, Pakistan was never included in such a list.
Some allie we got. Anyway, let's hope pakistan don't Nuke all of South east Asia.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Can we keep the politics out of this thread? We're all here for mileage run deals, not to argue about geopolitical issues.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Far Siren

A rose by any other name......and all that !
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Can we keep the politics out of this thread? We're all here for mileage run deals, not to argue about geopolitical issues.
Yes but Milage dealers also need to be aware of what they are getting into which does become part of the deal when you start your journey to position yourself . Pakistan is ready for a nuclear war at the moment. Tensions are High with India and they are firing at each other over line of control. Not sure if it's worth the risk (right now atleast)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.