Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ey a380 f various Pakistan airports - nyc ~3600 r/t; 1900 o/w

Ey a380 f various Pakistan airports - nyc ~3600 r/t; 1900 o/w

Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:27 am
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Originally Posted by nkvuong
Was meant to say RDM (I'm too used to the Tier Points/Avios of BA). As this is EY metal on AA codeshare though, I can't find any specific information on wheretocredit.com.
My understanding is that if you book it as an AA codeshare (with an AA flight number) then in practice it's the same as if it were on AA metal, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
My understanding is that if you book it as an AA codeshare (with an AA flight number) then in practice it's the same as if it were on AA metal, but I'm not 100% sure.
It varies by airline. Crediting to AA that is correct, but other programs usually only allow credit if the metal is a oneworld partner. The notable exception is the QF/EK codeshares.

It looks like the answer is no for BA.
Attached Images  

Last edited by skunker; Sep 14, 2016 at 10:58 am
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: Lots
Tickets originating in .pk flown by US citizens are an auto-secondary at CBP - even as a Global Entry member prepare to see the machine spit out a nice big X on your receipt.

Keep your BP's and stories handy.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
I'll admit I'm very uninformed on the Middle East - is anyone on the thread from there or have been there recently? Any thoughts on advisability of doing a quick in/out trip?
Umm.. you know Pakistan is Asia right? It's not in the Middle East
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:23 pm

EY: LHE/ISB/KHI-JFK r/t $3,400 in F

Saw the other thread on one-way, but didn't see it mention about r/t. Google flights show connection in IAD/DCA (airport change) for a couple hundred less. Bookable in AA. For A380 (Apartment) fans, it's possible on the return, but for some reason I can't get it on the outbound.

https://goo.gl/flights/qWtw

American Airlines Inc. (AA) ANE0F6R5

Edit: Other US destinations available for slightly more. From what I can see, IAD prices the cheapest.

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Sep 19, 2016 at 3:44 pm Reason: added notes
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
$3300-$3500 R/T in EY F is pretty freaking incredible, especially considering these are AA Codeshare flights.

I am just concerned about transiting in Pakistan
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
$3300-$3500 R/T in EY F is pretty freaking incredible, especially considering these are AA Codeshare flights.

I am just concerned about transiting in Pakistan
I am actually more concerned on the way back. I can't imagine the border agents will just let you through without harassing/asking a bunch of questions.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
I am actually more concerned on the way back. I can't imagine the border agents will just let you through without harassing/asking a bunch of questions.
+1 especially when using GE kiosk entering the US in AUH, I am sure the passenger will be sent for secondary questioning since it will show on the machine that the passenger is originating his trip from Pakistan.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
+1 especially when using GE kiosk entering the US in AUH, I am sure the passenger will be sent for secondary questioning since it will show on the machine that the passenger is originating his trip from Pakistan.
This is not true at all.

I'm a Pakistani-American dual-citizen, who goes to Pakistan several times a year, and use global entry/tsa-precheck successfully without any extra delays or questions all the time.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Decent price for F
Shame about the hassle of positioning for some of us.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Originally Posted by nomii
This is not true at all.

I'm a Pakistani-American dual-citizen, who goes to Pakistan several times a year, and use global entry/tsa-precheck successfully without any extra delays or questions all the time.
Not sure about that. Pakistan has been on "axes of evil" list many times and every now and then some pakistani is caught trying to blow something up.

You might be a lucky case but I'm sure everyone from pakistan is watched very carefully.

I took a 24 hour transit in abu dhabi and was questioned about the trip to uae quite thoroughly let alone pakistan!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Moved

Last edited by skunker; Sep 22, 2016 at 9:26 am
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
This is already being discussed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...c-1900-ow.html
I thought it's a different fare deal, so I created a new thread.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nomii
This is not true at all.

Originally Posted by a310pilot
Not sure about that. Pakistan has been on "axes of evil" list many times and every now and then some pakistani is caught trying to blow something up.

You might be a lucky case but I'm sure everyone from pakistan is watched very carefully.

I took a 24 hour transit in abu dhabi and was questioned about the trip to uae quite thoroughly let alone pakistan!
Well as a point of reference when I flew a CX KHI fare back in 2014, I got the big SSSS
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I flew with SSSS a few times originating from Turkey and most of the time, the experience not bad at all.
And usually, you skip the whole security line for additional checks just because of the SSSS and end up going through faster then passengers without the SSSS. This has been my experience when entering the US from YYZ.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.