Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA J / I : Italy [PSA/FCO/MXP/LIN/VCE] to CTU £984, HKG £1019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA J / I : Italy [PSA/FCO/MXP/LIN/VCE] to CTU £984, HKG £1019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
A few people looking at this on the BA forum and the consensus is that the LHR > CTU direct flight is being binned (time scale on when that actually occurs is unknown - but looks to be from early next year), hence only LHR>HKG>CTU options are available!

Pilot37

*Now confirmed!
Last flight from LHR is 12th Jan and last from CTU is 13th Jan 2017.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:49 am

I had seats booked for May, outbound via HK but return on the CTU-LHR flight. does anyone have experience or suggestions for re booking the return leg? Try and get onto the HKG flight back? Possible to skip CTU entirely?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by CX_newbie
I had seats booked for May, outbound via HK but return on the CTU-LHR flight. does anyone have experience or suggestions for re booking the return leg? Try and get onto the HKG flight back? Possible to skip CTU entirely?
You may want to rebook your return, pretty soon. BA just announced the LHR-CTU route will be discontinued by next Jan. And BTW, you won't be able to skip HKG-CTU unless you don't want to travel the return.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by CX_newbie
Contact BA or your TA (whomever you originally booked with) and they will advise of rebooking options.
This thread on the BA page will help you on options:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1693107-lhr-ctu-how-does-survive-9.html

Pilot37
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lewende
You may want to rebook your return, pretty soon. BA just announced the LHR-CTU route will be discontinued by next Jan. And BTW, you won't be able to skip HKG-CTU unless you don't want to travel the return.
You are entitled to rebook from HKG.

From BA Travel Trade:
Rebooking Allowance 2
Rebook onto an alternative British Airways operated service to Shanghai (PVG), Hong Kong (HKG) or Beijing (PEK) as close to the original travel date as possible.

If the same class is not available then the lowest class in the same cabin may be booked

Please note that travel between Shanghai / Hong Kong / Beijing and Chengdu will be at the passengers own expense
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
You are entitled to rebook from HKG.

From BA Travel Trade:
Rebooking Allowance 2
Rebook onto an alternative British Airways operated service to Shanghai (PVG), Hong Kong (HKG) or Beijing (PEK) as close to the original travel date as possible.

If the same class is not available then the lowest class in the same cabin may be booked

Please note that travel between Shanghai / Hong Kong / Beijing and Chengdu will be at the passengers own expense
You can actually route to AUH then fly to CTU with EY or you can change in HKG with Hong Kong Airlines HX to CTU. I assume you can credit the EY miles to AAdvantage?

Rebooking Allowance on other airlines 1
Rebook onto Etihad (EY) services between CTU and AUH (Abu Dhabi) or v.v. as close to the original travel date as possible

Use the following classes on EY services:-
Business – use W or Z class
Premium Economy – use B or H class
Economy – use Q, L or V class

Then rebook onto a British Airways connecting service between AUH and LHR or v.v. If the same class on British Airways is not available then the lowest class in the same cabin may be booked.

Where a suitable connection is not available, rebook the customer onto Etihad (EY) services from Chengdu to London Heathrow via Abu Dhabi or v.v. using the Etihad (EY) booking classes listed above.

• Notes – Must insert OS EY INVOL REROUTE AS PER EY/BA AGREEMENT
• ID tickets are excluded
• All other tickets, including redemptions, are included
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
Rebooking Allowance on other airlines 2

Rebook onto Hong Kong Airlines (HX) services between CTU and HKG (Hong Kong) or v.v. as close to the original travel date as possible

Additional information:
Tickets issued on / before – 17 October 2016
Original Ticket Travel Date on/after – 13 January 2017
For travel up to – 07 October 2017

Use the following classes on HX services:-
Business – use J class
Premium Economy – use S or X class
Economy – use S or X class
Then rebook onto a British Airways connecting service between HKG and LHR or v.v. If the same class on British Airways is not available then the lowest class in the same cabin may be booked

Additional Notes
• Must insert OS HX INVOL REROUTE AS PER HX/BA AGREEMENT
• ID tickets are excluded
All other tickets, including redemptions, are included
It must be very expensive to partner with CX/KA nowadays...

Last edited by cysyuen; Oct 22, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cysyuen
It must be very expensive to partner with CX/KA nowadays...
CX refuses to offer much in the way of China feed to anyone.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
Originally Posted by obduro
With thanks to dsf and Calchas on the BA board – OP http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27037994-post3049.html

Some excellent fares out of Italy (appears to work from all destinations BA serve) to CTU and HKG as per the title. As low as £984 to CTU on the Dreamliner.
Thanks for posting this! With a quick turn in CTU, I'll hit Exec Plat on AA this year, which is pretty crucial considering the changes that are coming to Aadvantage next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.