Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CI: Canada-East/SE Asia in PE+J ~1900 usd

Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

First time poster here. My apologies if this has been posted before.

As mentioned on the title, PE+J on CI from Canada to East/SE Asia for ~1,900 usd (eg. PE on YVR-TPE and J on TPE-SE Asia). The YVR-TPE segment is on CI 747, which books in J cabin . IMO, better than the competition that only offers recliners on the same route for 10+ hours and a great alternative to some PE fares from Canada to East/SE Asia. The catch is you need to fly CI via YVR, which operates their old 747 (while it doesnt have the PE cabin, it does have J angle-flat seats). Dates are available throughout the year and bookable on CI website.

I havent much experience with Skyteam, so on a side note does anyone have any suggestions where to credit mileage? Fare Class is E.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Departing from JFK will have better price, and also a nice avoid of WS, considering YYZ-YVR is a terrible long flight, especially in WS...
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tbaiyun
Departing from JFK will have better price, and also a nice avoid of WS, considering YYZ-YVR is a terrible long flight, especially in WS...
Good point! But for those looking for some(?) sleep and better service on TPAC, J angle-flat seats for PE is only available on 747 from YVR.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: United Mileageplus, IHG
ci fare code E

I suggest using wheretocredit.com

https://www.wheretocredit.com/china-airlines/e

Maybe Flying Blue?

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
First time poster here. My apologies if this has been posted before.

As mentioned on the title, PE+J on CI from Canada to East/SE Asia for ~1,900 usd (eg. PE on YVR-TPE and J on TPE-SE Asia). The YVR-TPE segment is on CI 747, which books in J cabin . IMO, better than the competition that only offers recliners on the same route for 10+ hours and a great alternative to some PE fares from Canada to East/SE Asia. The catch is you need to fly CI via YVR, which operates their old 747 (while it doesnt have the PE cabin, it does have J angle-flat seats). Dates are available throughout the year and bookable on CI website.

I havent much experience with Skyteam, so on a side note does anyone have any suggestions where to credit mileage? Fare Class is E.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-1775-usd.html
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Good point! But for those looking for some(?) sleep and better service on TPAC, J angle-flat seats for PE is only available on 747 from YVR.
Just want to verify -- books into J seats, definitely? When I run a test booking I see it showing E. Of course I'm not flying until next May and it may change before then, right?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mot29
Just want to verify -- books into J seats, definitely? When I run a test booking I see it showing E. Of course I'm not flying until next May and it may change before then, right?
I don't think there would be any guarantee flying on 747. CI already operates 777 (with PE cabin) to other locations, they can swap it out when they need to.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I don't think there would be any guarantee flying on 747. CI already operates 777 (with PE cabin) to other locations, they can swap it out when they need to.
Thanks. I actually called CI yesterday while still within the 24 hour cancellation period. Talked with two different agents, the first brought another on who seemed to know more and was told that I shouldn't count on it being a 747. So I kept the PE booking from JFK and back to LAX. I can deal with PE and the positioning is much simpler to/from JFK/LAX for me (my airport is DCA).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.