Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] MH I fare BKK-KUL-PVG RT US$462

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] MH I fare BKK-KUL-PVG RT US$462

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by tycosiao
I can't find 201rmb and their website is simply horrible.

what are the dates you searched?
I am searching in 2017. You have to register first as a simple member, this is the 25% member discount. Regular is 277rmb, member 201rmb. There is a tab that says member rates.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
You dont need a PRC Visa to do a TWOV in China. It is called Transit WITHOUT a visa.
As you know well (and, I'm certain of this due to your participation in the TWOV thread), KUL-PEK-KUL does NOT constitute a "transit" situation.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
As you know well (and, I'm certain of this due to your participation in the TWOV thread), KUL-PEK-KUL does NOT constitute a "transit" situation.
I was answering on nonesuch flyers post where he talked (personal feeling from myself) about his transfer experience in PEK which is very different from what I experienced. We must have misunderstood as we both know the rules well.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:02 pm

I was answering on nonesuch flyers post where he talked (personal feeling from myself) about his transfer experience in PEK which is very different from what I experienced. We must have misunderstood as we both know the rules well.
Ah, I got you. I (wrongly) assumed we were discussing kul-pek returns.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
I should have said that I have also had experienced where I went straight through passport control in a few minutes. I guess my point is that you cannot count on making it on a 2 hour or so turn around.

I would also add that you can get a short term (72 hour?) visa at no cost at passport control. I have done this but with true transit situations such as HKG-PEK-KUL and an overnight stay. On a KUL-PEK-KUL turnaround you may get a extended review of the type I described.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
I would also add that you can get a short term (72 hour?) visa at no cost at passport control. I have done this but with true transit situations such as HKG-PEK-KUL and an overnight stay. On a KUL-PEK-KUL turnaround you may get a extended review of the type I described.
24- or 72-hour transit without visa (TWOV) is available for travel to a third country where China is a transit country. (KUL-PEK-KUL is ineligible for any type of TWOV.)
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
I should have said that I have also had experienced where I went straight through passport control in a few minutes. I guess my point is that you cannot count on making it on a 2 hour or so turn around.

If you require a visa, you should apply for a visa. Why is this topic up for discussion?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
24- or 72-hour transit without visa (TWOV) is available for travel to a third country where China is a transit country. (KUL-PEK-KUL is ineligible for any type of TWOV.)
Yes... I was wrong on that one. I confused trips where PEK was my final destination with trip where KUL was my destination and PEK was a transit point.

My main point was do not count on rapid turnarounds in PEK. Often you can, other times you run into passport control officers who speak no English and after putting you into limbo, insist that you o to the ground side...
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
24 hour hotel rates

In conjunction with this fare, since it seems to require 24 hours on the ground (of course, nested booking could be used, but the transit time and procedure seems to eliminate this as a good option for most,) I have contacted numerous hotels near the Beijing airport. So far, I have one offer at about 15% off the best flexible rate at the HIX Minzuyuan which is in Chaoyang-NE Beijing. It requires a minimum of 50 nights per contract year. This is about 480 rmb/24 hour period for the standard room. Please PM me if you have interest in participating. The St Regis is also considering an offer, but nothing yet.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by rbAA
In conjunction with this fare, since it seems to require 24 hours on the ground (of course, nested booking could be used, but the transit time and procedure seems to eliminate this as a good option for most,) I have contacted numerous hotels near the Beijing airport. So far, I have one offer at about 15% off the best flexible rate at the HIX Minzuyuan which is in Chaoyang-NE Beijing. It requires a minimum of 50 nights per contract year. This is about 480 rmb/24 hour period for the standard room. Please PM me if you have interest in participating. The St Regis is also considering an offer, but nothing yet.
Yes, I'm interested as I have several of these runs booked. PM sent.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I clocked in 2 more of these tickets. Enough now!!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: NH SFC (*G), BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hello FT.

I was travel to BKK-KUL-PEK on Monday and stay airport overnight, to share the reference information in PEK airport.

Seat: 4k
23:52 Landing
00:01 Gate 507
00:06 Door open
00:12 Transfer immigration, zero people waiting
00:16 Security check, each line about 15 people waiting
00:25 Security check cleared

Who did not waiting in the transfer counter. But in my case, while boarding pass was already printed so the next morning to go to the HND with JL. I several times transfer in PEK, this time was best.

The gate of the E10 side transit hotel if there is a Priority Pass was the 3-hour free with public lobby stay. But it poor equipment and meal and do not use the shower. If paid accommodation you can also use the shower and 150RMB if shower only use.
http://en-shopping.bcia.com.cn/store/844.html

Gate E19 side of BGS lounge was food, drink, and facilities are better than transit hotel lobby. Shower can also be used for free, but I have become a pile the used towels when I went, it did not become to feel used.

Air China first class lounge can also be used in the Priority Pass. Best meal and equipment in PEK and shower is also use for free and clean. But can not enter with Priority Pass from 10PM until the 6AM.

If if the airport stay, rest in the BGS lounge and move to Air China first class lounge and take a shower after 6AM. I was also that way.

Note: Late night was weakened by the air-conditioning is the some location of the airport.

Have a nice trip!!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rbAA
Why don't you just avail yourself to one the the numerous corporate discount codes that result in very low rates for Beijing? Especially the IT Companies.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Why don't you just avail yourself to one the the numerous corporate discount codes that result in very low rates for Beijing? Especially the IT Companies.
I would just grab a place like the Yoyo for ~Y350. Getting decent hotels for less than Y300 is a little tough in Beijing, but there are many options in the 300-400 range.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Any specifc suggestions?
Any safe to use?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.