Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa: Yvr-cdg, 1488usd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: *G

looks like BA/AA have at least partially matched the Canada-EU deals from ST, at least CDG is HEAVILY discounted. I can see it bookable on all-AA fare codes, though it looks like most of the routings are BA through LHR.

e.g.:

https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

1-week minimum stay, same as the skyteam deal.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Is there anyway to get the AARP discount out of Canada? I assume no, but just in case...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdxparse
Is there anyway to get the AARP discount out of Canada? I assume no, but just in case...
there is not. BUT the credit card discount-code CARDOFFERC (C, not U, because... Canada) will get you another couple bucks off.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
there is not. BUT the credit card discount-code CARDOFFERC (C, not U, because... Canada) will get you another couple bucks off.
Thank you! I tried booking on their Canadian site and got an error message that I wasn't eligible so I'll keep on trying with various browsers.

$1350 to Paris seems like a pretty great deal.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:51 pm

did it just jump back up to 1900?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jerrflyer
did it just jump back up to 1900?
Nope. $1,938 CAD BA or AA, min 7 days. See here http://goo.gl/flights/GHLA
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:55 pm

nvm I though it was USD. Come on match it in Spain.....
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:00 pm
Suspended

wrong thread advisory.

Last edited by 24left; Jun 28, 2016 at 7:59 pm
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
Also, for those members of Aeroplan

https://www3.aeroplan.com/AC_doublem...entLanguage=en

"Flying International Business Class goes beyond the premium benefits. Now, for a limited time, you’ll also earn Double Aeroplan Miles for your round-trip flight (or two one-way segments) between Canada and select European destinations.

To be eligible, simply register and book your flight between June 13 and July 31, 2016, for travel between June 13 and December 17, 2016.

wrong thread
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Smiley90
wrong thread
Ha, thanks. Not paying attention. I deleted my post. You can edit the quote...or not
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Leaving tomorrow on a SEA-LHR-MAD flight which we bought in October and was in this range, but was AARP eligible and so 5 flying for just a hair under $5k. Many friends taking similar trips in economy for about the same cost this summer. These fares are amazing!
Also dont forget the 25k N American bonus for flights this month.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Looks to now be available ex YYZ to CDG found $1488 in AUG via MAD with IB Carrier IB INN4D3T3 YTO to PAR - no stopovers permitted
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Asia Miles, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by stephem
Leaving tomorrow on a SEA-LHR-MAD flight which we bought in October and was in this range, but was AARP eligible and so 5 flying for just a hair under $5k. Many friends taking similar trips in economy for about the same cost this summer. These fares are amazing!
Also dont forget the 25k N American bonus for flights this month.
I purchased during the same deal, I'm leaving on Aug 2nd for a month. Love these deals especially from YVR.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Really tempting fare. Pretty much one of the last chances to earn a good chunk of AA miles at a good price in J before the changes occur. Was curious though if you guys think the A330 to PHL is a better option than the 777 to DFW? I believe that 777 is the old config but not totally sure.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: ex-multiyear AA EXP/OWE, now SA Gold/AC Super Elite
So I wanted to thank Smiley90 for posting this - I'm running the Berlin Marathon in September (okay, jogging it) - and I had to book all my travel through a travel agent who was arranging the 'tour'.

We had booked AC early this year from YVR to LHR and with advance seat selection to get exit rows, my wife and I were paying about $1600 CDN each to get there.

Well, wouldn't you know it - AC changed our return flight by 2.5h this week, meaning we were eligible to cancel for refund and rebook these tickets in J instead!

My wife is positively thrilled that we're going to fly J from YVR in mid September instead of a not-so-great Y for another couple hundred bucks each. And moving back to OW where I'll be Emerald soon enough has other benefits.

Thanks again Smiley90. You made my week!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.