Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EY: jnb - goi / bdq / ixe... $806 in business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EY: jnb - goi / bdq / ixe... $806 in business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by tymoon25
Was just told that the new Y ticket is now non-refundable.
Oh boy...
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:57 am
Abd

I actually succeeded in getting my refund after countless calls to the airline. I actually booked direct and they straight away refunded the money. You just need to get the abu dhabi call centre. Its kind of frustrating as the calls get routed to call centres based on the load. However keep trying and good luck...
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by tymoon25
Has anyone been succesful in getting their money back?

Was just told that the new Y ticket is now non-refundable. I am mad!

Chargeback requested ! I really hope I don't have to take this to court
Yeah, I got the money back on my CC already.

HUCA, there should be two etix's in your reservation and the original one has remarks that you're entitled to full refund if you want to.

You just got an incompetent agent, nothing more.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Angry

Got my money from these mongrels today. 2 tickets refunded in full. Bombard them with emails, don't give up, they will abuse you, talk down to you, ignore you, but they are weak and eventually they give in. Here are a bunch of email addresses that I sent to and got some action:

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

And when they write back and say you shouldn't be sending to their specific address, they will give you another one. Add it to the list and keep bombarding the one that said don't send to them. Persistence and being a pest to these people eventually pays off.

I cannot believe the audacity of these people to now refuse to refund a ticket you did not buy.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: SEN
After an unsuccessful call to the "local" Etihad hotline I just replied to their email ([email protected]) asking them to cancel and refund my ticket. 2 or 3 days later I got a reply from the same guest relations officer that signed the first email promising that they would refund the amount paid. Lets see how long this takes.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:44 pm

Wanted to add some quick words of support:

I did NOT jump on this, primarily based on my saga/experience getting refunds for tickets purchased on Etihad from CMB-DFW a few years ago.

It ended up taking almost 1.5 years, but I did FINALLY get all of them fully refunded.

Don't give up!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
Expedia just told me the refunding might take anywhere between 2 to 12 weeks ...
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jvde
Expedia just told me the refunding might take anywhere between 2 to 12 weeks ...
One of the plethora of reasons I avoid expedia, not accountable to anyone, cannot speak to anyone, good luck with this mate
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: SEN
Originally Posted by superpointsLXflyer
After an unsuccessful call to the "local" Etihad hotline I just replied to their email ([email protected]) asking them to cancel and refund my ticket. 2 or 3 days later I got a reply from the same guest relations officer that signed the first email promising that they would refund the amount paid. Lets see how long this takes.
The money is already back on my CC. I even made a "profit" due to changes in the exchange rate. Great investment
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by jvde
Expedia is still sending emails to call them although I have already spoken with them and Etihad last week to cancel two tickets. Still see the tickets as confirmed on Expedia and haven't seen a refund. Just completed a credit card dispute on both tickets.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
Been a month now. Has anyone gotten their moneyz back?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:22 am

Yes, I back full ammount.

Because , I speak with Russian speaking lady
Firstly , they return 90%,because they thing that economy cost less..........
Than I speak with them, and ruturn rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.