Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK: Maputo-SFO/LAX One Way First Class $2560ish

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK: Maputo-SFO/LAX One Way First Class $2560ish

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:55 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
YYZ is only about $3200 RT and $1850 one way.

I wanted to use this coming back from Cape Town, but couldn't justify going CPT-JNB-MPM then back to JNB.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Well... as if this fare wasn't appealing enough, looks like Emirates will be adding an A380 to its JNB-DXB route.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...223.1468285222

Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:00 pm

been thinking about this. but too much trouble to get transit visa for MPM.

also positioning flight from yyz to mpm
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by torontochinese
been thinking about this. but too much trouble to get transit visa for MPM.

also positioning flight from yyz to mpm
I have always wanted to hit the beaches in Mozambique, they look epic. So I'd just get a tourist visa and stay a few days. And as for positioning, look at it as a one way ticket (miles award I would guess) to a vacation, as opposed to purely positioning. If beaches aren't your thing, I can see why these two things would be big speed bumps.

The YYZ one way is getting pretty close to my threshold for a family vacation fare where I mix award and paid o/w. Just need a bit more USD appreciation I guess ;-)

Edited to add: ouch, no kid discount. I'm getting pretty spoiled with the 25-30% discounts for my 3 little ones on many premium fare. Not to mention they are getting pretty spoiled flying around on planes like this...

Last edited by stephem; Jul 27, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
I have always wanted to hit the beaches in Mozambique, they look epic. So I'd just get a tourist visa and stay a few days. And as for positioning, look at it as a one way ticket (miles award I would guess) to a vacation, as opposed to purely positioning. If beaches aren't your thing, I can see why these two things would be big speed bumps.

The YYZ one way is getting pretty close to my threshold for a family vacation fare where I mix award and paid o/w. Just need a bit more USD appreciation I guess ;-)

Edited to add: ouch, no kid discount. I'm getting pretty spoiled with the 25-30% discounts for my 3 little ones on many premium fare. Not to mention they are getting pretty spoiled flying around on planes like this...
is Mozambique safe? last time i went to cape town, i was questioned by the plain clothes police at the airport and they tried to irritate me by saying my name sounded familiar.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
is Mozambique safe? last time i went to cape town, i was questioned by the plain clothes police at the airport and they tried to irritate me by saying my name sounded familiar.
No offence but that's like saying "is Canada safe? last time i went to Miami, i was questioned by the plain clothes police at the airport and they tried to irritate me by saying my name sounded familiar."
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skunker
No offence but that's like saying...
It's still a valid question. And let's not kid ourselves here, Mozambique has it's problems.... no comparison with Canada there.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by RTW1
It's still a valid question. And let's not kid ourselves here, Mozambique has it's problems.... no comparison with Canada there.
Two different countries, wrongly assumed to be the same, based on the question, hence the canada analogy.
Same like asking if the US is safe based on a past experience of being mugged in Mexico.....
Rather naive to comment on one country based on experiences in another.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
No offence but that's like saying "is Canada safe? last time i went to Miami, i was questioned by the plain clothes police at the airport and they tried to irritate me by saying my name sounded familiar."
Mate, a valid question for someone Travelling with kids.
If someone stays in most unsafe city in world A, person gets used to life there, gets used to surviving. If an alien questions safety regarding visiting A, it shouldn't sound offensive.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Rather naive to comment on one country based on experiences in another.
Not so strange to compare one African country that is bordering the other.... But if one has reservations about visiting CPT then MPM should be avoided as well....
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: qantas, virgin
what is the best way to book this fare?
the travel agents i have spoken to wont book fares originating from certain african countries and the agent mentioned further up in the thread was useless.
thanks
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Emirates website.....
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: qantas, virgin
Important:
Sorry, we were unable to price the requested flight. Please choose different dates and try again.

that was MPM-DXB then DXB-SYD
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The multiple city for one-ways doesn't work on the EY website, a normal one-way will get you priced.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
is Mozambique safe? .
US State Dept merely warns not to travel on roads at night outside cities. Otherwise, the $1k per night luxury beach resorts will keep you safe and comfortable ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.